Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   20th Century Fox / ALIEN franchise (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=12416)

MacG 08-19-2005 01:37 PM

20th Century Fox / ALIEN franchise

Anyone know if there is a particular exec at the company who oversees the franchise? Can I get a name?

Thanks much!

burnaise 08-20-2005 03:38 PM

Re: 20th Century Fox / ALIEN franchise

alex young is one of them...

can't wait to hear your plan for the getting the next in the series.

MacG 08-20-2005 03:58 PM

Actually, it's Jason Young.... (Amazing what a little research will yield.)

Edited to add: Okay, there's ALSO a Jason Young in addition to Alex.

BFinch 08-21-2005 02:01 PM

Are they even looking at the franchise as "Alien" or rather the collective "Aliens/Predator" ?

MacG 08-21-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFinch
Are they even looking at the franchise as "Alien" or rather the collective "Aliens/Predator" ?

Good question. Word has it they're proceeding with a AvP sequel, but there have always been rumblings surrounding resurrecting (no pun intended) the ALIEN franchise.

Joe Unidos 08-22-2005 07:54 AM

You're in luck:

Last I heard they really wanted to do the film, and had a big pile of money sitting on a desk, but they wanted to find some newbie writer to put in charge of the project.

*rolls eyes*

MacG 08-22-2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Unidos
You're in luck:

Last I heard they really wanted to do the film, and had a big pile of money sitting on a desk, but they wanted to find some newbie writer to put in charge of the project.

*rolls eyes*

Wow, that's so great that you posted, Joe! I was just thinking that what this thread needed was a sarcastic response by an @sshole like you....

Joe Unidos 08-22-2005 02:04 PM

You're right, it was a little harsh. Sorry.

But I do think the underlying message is something that bears saying. Even attempting to approach a studio exec who oversees a franchise property is a complete dead-end. It just doesn't work like that, as I'm sure you already know.

MacG 08-22-2005 02:24 PM

And I was harsh in return. Sorry, too....

Yes, Joe, I'm well aware of the improbability factor surrounding this situation. That said, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

BFinch 08-26-2005 12:16 AM

If possible could you keep us updated on your progress, MacG?