Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "She had a high I.Q. and a low cut dress"

Bonus points to whoever can identify the film and agree that there should be more lines like that in cinema as a whole...

Re: "She had a high I.Q. and a low cut dress"

Woody Allen. Should there be more like it? Not his funniest writing but I have the greatest respect for Allen as a filmmaker. In many ways he defines success, whether or not you like his movies.
    "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

"Whatever Works." It took 30 seconds to find the answer with Google.

I have not seen it.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Google is totally cheating!

Not saying it's his best line ever, but yeah, Woody will always be at the top of my list of writers.

With this film, he finally found a worthy replacement for himself. So many false notes, but with Larry David, he found the perfect actor to replace himself as the brilliant, neurotic, paranoid, liberal, intellectual, talky character of the NY Jewish persuasion. Many have tried, but most have failed. Even the brilliant Will Farell trying to "do" Woody sounded wrong. But for LD, yeah, it came pretty naturally. At least Owen Wilson tried to make the part his own, instead of trying to mimmick Allen's character. But with Larry, to me it was as if they were two sides of the same coin. Totally seamless, different but the same.

And this should probably have been posted in the "film" forum...

Comment

Meh. I felt like I had seen that movie half a dozen times before. I love Allen's work in general, though.

Comment

If you like Woody Allen you might be interested in an homage to Annie Hall I co-wrote, produced, & co-directed: http://www.BurningAnnie.com

</shameless>
            Last edited by Armak; 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Re: &quot;She had a high I.Q. and a low cut dress&quot;

I was expecting you to be plugging some new film noir.

That line is akin to something in an Elmore Leonard book. Or James Elroy.
              Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Re: &quot;She had a high I.Q. and a low cut dress&quot;

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
                Google is totally cheating!

Not saying it's his best line ever, but yeah, Woody will always be at the top of my list of writers.

With this film, he finally found a worthy replacement for himself. So many false notes, but with Larry David, he found the perfect actor to replace himself as the brilliant, neurotic, paranoid, liberal, intellectual, talky character of the NY Jewish persuasion. Many have tried, but most have failed. Even the brilliant Will Farell trying to "do" Woody sounded wrong. But for LD, yeah, it came pretty naturally. At least Owen Wilson tried to make the part his own, instead of trying to mimmick Allen's character. But with Larry, to me it was as if they were two sides of the same coin. Totally seamless, different but the same.

And this should probably have been posted in the "film" forum...
                Trivia: "Whatever Works" was meant for Zero Mostel, after he and Woody worked on "The Front", but Zero passed away and Woody put the script in a drawer somewhere.
                "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
                X