Is Creative Screenwriting still in business??

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Creative Screenwriting still in business??

I've been trying to contact people over at CS for a good few weeks now by either phone number on their site or through email(s) and NOBODY is responding, even Bill their chief editor.

All I get is the same answer machine.

Anyone get through lately to speak to someone human?

Plus, I should've known better to place an order with them given the terrible feedback that got here, but I thought I'd give them a try seeing as I've never had a problem. WOW, did I regret this move. And I'm also wondering if it's this hard to get to speak to someone about some lost DVD's, then what the hell am I thinking of re-upping my subscription with their magazine?!

Creative Screenwriting - you suck.

EJ

Re: Is Creative Screenwriting still in business??

Hi EJ! I guess this explains why I haven't received this quarter's issue...

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Well, I have no idea what made me call AGAIN, but someone just picked up called "Matt" and took my details and will follow up with me.

I guess they are still in business.

EJ

Comment

Hmmm... but don't end up like Jacob. He's till waiting for a second coming to happen

I think it's all said and done with 'em. Game over or there will be one soon.

Comment

darn. I was contemplating about getting a dvd or two from them, but after all the hassle I've read about on this site, forget it.

How illegal do you think it'd be to rip DVDs and trade the digital files? Hypothetically, of course?

Comment

Um, very?
            "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
            ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

I finally found a current issue at a Borders near me (way late in distribution) and inside they mention firing their main editor as well as others due to recessionary cutbacks
              "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

In other words, Game Over.

Comment

Hmm, think there will be an Expo this year then?
                  "Witticism"
                  -Some Guy

Comment

I received my issue today. The Expo has to be a big money-maker for them, so it should go on as usual (if they can hang in there).

Comment

Originally posted by mswriterj View Post
                      I received my issue today. The Expo has to be a big money-maker for them, so it should go on as usual (if they can hang in there).
                      You received your issue? Funny, I haven't gotten mine as of yet! I ordered my subscription during the month of March, was told that my first one will be in May... but nothing yet. Guess I have to call them tomorrow.
                      D. Alin
                      http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

My subscription is up with this issue, and after I read that the Editor had been fired/position eliminated (a bad sign) and received all those "want to write for CS" spam-mails, I won't be renewing, as they will probably be out-of-business in very short order.

It's sad because I like reading the magazine, but I've received too many "we're bankrupt, our parent company is bankrupt so FOAD!" sub letters from DOA mags to send any more free money out.

If CS appears on the Chapters shelf I'll buy it, but otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by mswriterj View Post
                          The Expo is going on, but I've attended and I think it's a complete waste unless you're a beginner. Their contest is a complete waste of time as well. I do not recommend either of them.

Comment

It's a good mag but I had too many problems. I'm going over to SCRIPT, Bill Ray and Julie write for 'em -- all three are terrific experts.

CS should go web exclusive*. I subscribe to filmscoremonthly.com, and that used to be hard-print, now it's web. Sub is cheap too. This is the future.

*Option of having it in PDF.
                            "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

Which editor got fired? Not Jeff Goldsmith, the free screening and podcast guy?

If they go belly-up I'll miss those screenings.
                              "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                              ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Working...
                              X