Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NBA Players that ACT? Produce? (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=79799)

fouroneone 09-10-2015 10:23 AM

NBA Players that ACT? Produce?

Anyone know any NBA players that act or produce?

Okay, if they are active NBA and/or Retired NBA.

Thanks

Centurio 09-10-2015 12:44 PM

Re: NBA Players that ACT? Produce?

Jordan and Shaq have both taken acting roles. Lebron did a movie this summer. Kareem had some classic roles. Ray Allen in "He Got Game."

There's many others.

CColoredClown 09-10-2015 02:47 PM

Ray Allen starred in He Got Game.

asteven50 09-10-2015 03:50 PM

LeBron James has a production company @ Warner Bros called SpringHill. He's also attached to star in the new Space Jam and was in Trainwreck.

Baron Davis has been producing for like 10 years now - I forget the name of his company though.

CthulhuRises 09-10-2015 05:10 PM

Former NBA player who acts (or at least tries ;))...Rick Fox.

asteven50 09-10-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CthulhuRises (Post 927971)
Former NBA player who acts (or at least tries ;))...Rick Fox.

haha...some of those old scenes in Oz were cringeworthy!

Captain Nemo 09-10-2015 05:42 PM

Not really clear what you're looking for here, but if you're looking someone more likely to be accessible than the above-mentioned superstars, I'd add the name Marques Johnson. An All-Star caliber player in the '80s, turned to acting after his career was cut short by injury - probably best remembered for pulling a gun on Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson in 'White Men Can't Jump' - seems to have worked steadily. Most recent credit - 'The Gambler'.

Rick Fox looks like a movie star and is very personable (and he could shoot the three) but I wouldn't call what he does acting.

Best of luck.

CthulhuRises 09-10-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asteven50 (Post 927972)
haha...some of those old scenes in Oz were cringeworthy!

Hah, no kidding. I liked his cameo on Party Down, though. Funnily enough, I was working on a low-budget Horror with a director last year, and Fox's agent submitted him for a role (even though the role was for a 60 year-old Gulf War Vet...). I really wished we could have brought him in for an audition, though.

fouroneone 09-10-2015 08:57 PM

Actually, most of those are probably too old for this project.
I should have mentioned ages 28-35 that are no longer in the NBA or at least are available to work.