Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Mirror s4

without spoiling specific episodes, overall i felt like diminishing returns are setting in. so many plotlines felt dependent on the conceit that a virtual self is every bit as "real" as the actual person. but they're not and so the stakes in these stories rarely felt as high as i think they often intended.

the drone dog episode was probably the highlight in terms of sheer drama and storytelling (at least until the stupid twist reveal at the very end)

Re: Black Mirror s4

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
    without spoiling specific episodes, overall i felt like diminishing returns are setting in. so many plotlines felt dependent on the conceit that a virtual self is every bit as "real" as the actual person. but they're not and so the stakes in these stories rarely felt as high as i think they often intended.

the drone dog episode was probably the highlight in terms of sheer drama and storytelling (at least until the stupid twist reveal at the very end)
    The drone episode was my least favorite after that reveal. This season was a bit of a mixed bag. Black Museum was the best of the bunch. Crocodile felt like an old CSI episode with some sci-fi thrown into the mix. Arkangel's ending was kind of lacking. Hang the DJ was fun. USS Callister was solid.
    "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Working...
    X