No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with dialogue - credit

Hello Guys:
    Been with DD since 2004 and cannot thank you guys enough for all the wisdom you guys parted with. Seriously. Insights to writing, pointers, conflicts, character development, plot points, ..and I can go on and on.

Wrote and shot first Indie in 2005 with some invaluable input from DD'ers. Wrote 2 more scripts since then - Shot spec trailer last year in NYC and now getting ready to shoot the second feature in 2 months. Both with personal funds. Here is where I need some serious help.

Script scheduled for shoot in April, falls within horror/thriller genre realm. Structurally, it's tight. OK with characters although can improve a tad bit. Dialogues (which probably are hardest for me) could greatly benefit from outside help. They could also help bridge character depth gap. Here is what I am looking for. Looking for someone who is several notches above where I stand (as a writer) who is willing to help. 2 questions:

1.Would it be khoser to ask someone on this board for help with dialogues in return for Paypal? If yes, how do I reach them and what would be a fair price?

2. Second, how would writing credits read on titles for something like this? Script Consultant? Dialogue Consultant?

Have a great long weekend!

highest regards,
    fallen

Re: Help with dialogues - credit

To get a writer who is good, you should find one you think is right for your project and then deal with their rep or start reading lots of samples. If you are just posting ads on websites, you are buying a cat in a bag - no guarantee that they will improve anything…

Credit-wise, if this is not a WGA project, it is whatever you two agree on. However, it seems to me that if you are asking them to fix your characters and rewrite your dialog, a screenplay credit is in order alongside yourself. Consultants give notes, writers write...

Comment

Re: Help with dialogues - credit

Originally posted by fallenangel View Post
      Hello Guys:
      Been with DD since 2004 and cannot thank you guys enough for all the wisdom you guys parted with. Seriously. Insights to writing, pointers, conflicts, character development, plot points, ..and I can go on and on.

Wrote and shot first Indie in 2005 with some invaluable input from DD'ers. Wrote 2 more scripts since then - Shot spec trailer last year in NYC and now getting ready to shoot the second feature in 2 months. Both with personal funds. Here is where I need some serious help.

Script scheduled for shoot in April, falls within horror/thriller genre realm. Structurally, it's tight. OK with characters although can improve a tad bit. Dialogues (which probably are hardest for me) could greatly benefit from outside help. They could also help bridge character depth gap. Here is what I am looking for. Looking for someone who is several notches above where I stand (as a writer) who is willing to help. 2 questions:

1.Would it be khoser to ask someone on this board for help with dialogues in return for Paypal? If yes, how do I reach them and what would be a fair price?

2. Second, how would writing credits read on titles for something like this? Script Consultant? Dialogue Consultant?

Have a great long weekend!

highest regards,
      fallen
      Some of us might be open.

Comment

Working...
      X