The Counselor (Ridley Scott/Cormac McCarthy Full Trailer)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Counselor (Ridley Scott/Cormac McCarthy Full Trailer)

Here's the full trailer for the movie. Lots of great movies coming out late in the year. If it sticks to the script, this has a chance to be a great film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4rTztvVx8E

Re: The Counselor (Ridley Scott/Cormac McCarthy Full Trailer)

I can't help it but I like everything McCarthy writes. And Pitt's performance in this is superb - it's a gripping movie.
    "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

Any guesses on what the hell this is about? Trailer was more than a little vague about the plot...

Comment

Better you don't know too much going in. The ending is shocking. Script is incredible. best script I read last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
          Any guesses on what the hell this is about? Trailer was more than a little vague about the plot...
          Guesses? Almost none. Isn't that awesome? A trailer than doesn't spoon feed me every ****ing plot point like I'm a drooling retard. Ye-****ing-hah!
          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I've read it, it's all very bleak with some painfully dark subject matter.

Lot of talent behind it though, could be a good film.
            It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by DavidK View Post
              I can't help it but I like everything McCarthy writes. And Pitt's performance in this is superb - it's a gripping movie.
              Did you see this already, David?

Comment

Cormac McCarthy is simply one of the greatest living American writers and IMO one of the great writers of the entire American Canon. Anything he does will have at least moments of brilliance.

It's like seeing a movie written by Hemmingway, come on, how can anyone with an interest in storytelling miss this one?

Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post
                  Cormac McCarthy is simply one of the greatest living American writers and IMO one of the great writers of the entire American Canon. Anything he does will have at least moments of brilliance.

It's like seeing a movie written by Hemmingway, come on, how can anyone with an interest in storytelling miss this one?

Can't wait.

I agree. It will be interesting, too, because it's his first original script not an adaptation of one of his novels. From a writing perspective, I wonder how many 'screenwriting rules' he ignored.
                  Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

You know what's funny. The script he wrote isn't even in screenwriting form, it was jarring when I first read it. But the script is f*cking brilliant. And yes he broke every screenwriting rule in the book.

This film will stay with people long after you've seen it. Haunting. And to me one of the most realistic looks at the Mexican Drug Cartels in cinema.

Comment

I don't know about all the rules of screenwriting, but I'm pretty sure McCarthy broke them all. I think it was written in like Word or something. It doesn't look like a script at all, but you don't really notice it after a while, which signifies to me how useless and dated the screenwriting format is.

As for the finished film - I have reservations on how it will translate. There is a lot of talk, and by talk I mean people chatting about stuff. The dialogue is amazing, but it may weigh the film down in parts. It's not like NO COUNTRY where the thing was just moving like a freight-train. It's a little different.

Comment

The New Yorker published an excerpt here:
                        http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/fea...ction_mccarthy
                        ==========

Comment

Current tastes lean toward sparse dialogue. But when you look at the iconic films, there is a lot of talking. Not expository, though. Good novelists know how to use dialogue beyond subtext.
                          Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

My opinion is the sparse dialogue as well as the low page count is hurting modern films. Also the short clipped scenes. I dislike all that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by omovie View Post
                              Did you see this already, David?
                              No, a friend had a post-production role.
                              "Friends make the worst enemies." Frank Underwood

Comment

Working...
                              X