Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Storywriter -- another free formatter

If you've got an Amazon account, you might want to look at Storywriter, a new, free screenplay formatter. Simple, but it seems to work pretty well.

storywriter.amazon.com

It allows exporting to PDF, FDX and Fountain. It imports from the same formats -- and worked very well with PDF from Trelby. Exporting Fountain to Trelby resulted in character's names caming out as @fred instead of FRED (for example) and it and the dialogue were flush left. (It could be Trelby's Fountain formatting that is the culprit.) No printing capabilities directly from Storywriter.

The license is simple, basically "nothing illegal," "no viruses," "we'll update automatically," etc. But I don't see any attempt at stealing your writing. They do have "Submit to Amazon Studios" menu choice. I would carefully check to see what rights your giving up by doing that.

You can also work offline by downloading the Chrome App. It says this app works on Windows and Mac but appears to also work on Linux.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it automatically inserts (CONT'D)s (in gray, off to the side, when typing -- but directly in the document when exporting to PDF).

At any rate, for what it's worth, another free screenplay formatter.
    Last edited by Centos; 11-23-2015, 11:11 PM.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.
Working...
X