Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Legendary Pictures (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=74009)

kenp 10-19-2013 02:33 PM

Re: Legendary Pictures

Boooo! That sucked.

Susanlbridges 10-19-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madbandit (Post 884084)
There's also the point that the company has recently severed ties with Warner Bros. So, Legendary maybe in a state of transition.

They are. They're still at Warner Bros, but they're leaving at the end of the year. They're shoring up the new TV division.

ddlogan 10-21-2013 12:32 PM

Have Jerry's office ext. pm me.

markerstone 10-21-2013 01:44 PM

Two quick cents...

I have had the Presidents and/or CEOs of 5-6 good sized production companies respond to cold queries over the past two months. Typically they copy the CE on the reply for the actual submission, but if the material is good the CEs become your champion... and you and your script are already subliminally implanted in the minds of the decision makers.

The meeting we had last Friday came together based on cold queries to several producers both inside and affiliated with them.

A great query can get almost anything covered.

Best,
M

Manchester 10-21-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markerstone (Post 884274)
Two quick cents...

I have had the Presidents and/or CEOs of 5-6 good sized production companies respond to cold queries over the past two months. Typically they copy the CE on the reply for the actual submission, but if the material is good the CEs become your champion... and you and your script are already subliminally implanted in the minds of the decision makers.

The meeting we had last Friday came together based on cold queries to several producers both inside and affiliated with them.

A great query can get almost anything covered.

Best,
M

Cool.

And as to the above naysayers - Thank you for your naysaying. Such stories are all the nicer when they've been pre-naysaid.

Of course. Yes - Just because 1 or 2 cold-call e-mails do get through and find purchase (even if not a sail), that doesn't mean the odds are good that any others will. But, if merely on a cost-benefit basis, this does seem like a not-unreasonable option.

As to OP, sorry I can't help. But, break a leg, etc.

keithcalder 10-21-2013 07:02 PM

If you think that cold-emailing Thomas Tull will help your career, then go ahead. I asked a question, and I got an answer. Yes, some of you do apparently think that this is a viable path to getting Thomas Tull to read your script. Who am I to argue with unrelated anecdotal almost-success.

ATB 10-21-2013 10:16 PM

Why not just query people who make a point to, y'know, actually read queries?

Target reps. Specifically, managers. You'll be amazed how many email addresses they have at-the-ready. And, miraculously, they will actually contact people for you.

madworld 10-22-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATB (Post 884311)
Why not just query people who make a point to, y'know, actually read queries?

Target reps. Specifically, managers. You'll be amazed how many email addresses they have at-the-ready. And, miraculously, they will actually contact people for you.

This is the approach. Really important to keep in mind too, when you're new, and you get a rep interested in your spec, the first thing they ask is - who's seen this? If you've been read around town and producers have already passed, what good does it do you? Focusing on reps first is a good way to go, unless you've got a solid in with a producer, meaning a person - not a query.

FoxHound 10-22-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATB (Post 884311)

Unless it's Lauri's manager. Then you have to do all the work yourself.

Can I get a rimshot? Anyone?

swayway 07-08-2015 10:36 PM

Anyone know the emails for someone at Legendary... preferably the CE there..

Or just general email structure...