Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Jerry Bruckheimer or Steven Spielberg (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=30487)

arnoldastupac 06-15-2007 05:03 AM

Jerry Bruckheimer or Steven Spielberg

How to do, that in our works (size: big treatments, volume: 20-30 pages) that are unique in most meanings, would be interested the famous producers (for ex., Jerry Bruckheimer or Steven Spielberg)? We are looking for a person who has direct contacts with production companies, active agents and other presentable people who care not only for money, but for an art and a business perspective.

kidcharlemagne 06-15-2007 08:59 AM

Re: Jerry Bruckheimer or Steven Spielberg

Quote:

How to do, that in our works (size: big treatments, volume: 20-30 pages) that are unique in most meanings, would be interested the famous producers (for ex., Jerry Bruckheimer or Steven Spielberg)?
Huh? Once again, in English please?

arnoldastupac 06-15-2007 10:05 AM

I am a foreigner and I am writing for movies. Because the translation is difficult I create not scripts but treatments only. Every work is unique, effective and is different from other movies by its idea and a plot. These movies are of various genres (Crime, Thriller, Action, Drama, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Epic, History, Romantic, Comedy, Horror), and they are for huge worldwide audience. I have more than ten big treatments in various genres for great movies. I want to find an agent or other representative who can represent my work to famous production companies.

If you can write me. I have people who can me translate what you say.

davidfamzer@yahoo.com

RogerT 06-15-2007 10:11 AM

The answer to your question is simple and needs no translation.

You interest famous producers with scripts, not treatments.

arnoldastupac 06-15-2007 10:42 AM

They are looking for ideas. They don't want certain scripts. I know what about they speaking.

If are treatments unique they want these. From treatment to script do, scriptwriter is not a problem. And becouse this treatments is like scripts. Its very good. This deal i now. They are talking about these topic.

They want good idea. If you have pitch they want to see. Problem is no of these deal. But how to say them about author from europe and his Treatments?[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] (effective, unique and is satisfying the “high concept“) Send them companies query letter? Call them? What to do?[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I represant this author. My english is not very good.[/font]

Terrance Mulloy 06-15-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldastupac (Post 368425)
How to do, that in our works (size: big treatments, volume: 20-30 pages) that are unique in most meanings, would be interested the famous producers (for ex., Jerry Bruckheimer or Steven Spielberg)? We are looking for a person who has direct contacts with production companies, active agents and other presentable people who care not only for money, but for an art and a business perspective.

Good luck in finding someone connected in Hollywood, who's not interested in money.

If you find them, let me know :)

knightmare6 06-16-2007 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrance Mulloy (Post 368653)
Good luck in finding someone connected in Hollywood, who's not interested in money.

If you find them, let me know :)

I think he meant, he's looking for someone who cares for the art also. Everybody cares about money to a degree - you need it to at least get rid of the bills so you can pursue other endeavors. He also mentions a good sense of business, so he's also looking for people with a good plan on the business side to help increase any revenue he'll hope to make.

Terrance Mulloy 06-16-2007 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightmare6 (Post 368708)
I think he meant, he's looking for someone who cares for the art also. Everybody cares about money to a degree - you need it to at least get rid of the bills so you can pursue other endeavors. He also mentions a good sense of business, so he's also looking for people with a good plan on the business side to help increase any revenue he'll hope to make.

Like I said... Good Luck!

kidcharlemagne 06-16-2007 12:23 PM

You need to team up with a writer(s) who will write scripts from your treamtments. Agents don't 'go out' with treatments in H'wood, they send out scripts.

They are looking for good ideas that are well executed in script form. Still, you can ignore the advice given here and ring up the producers/agents yourself. Numbers are in the HCD/HRD.