Done Deal Pro Forums

Done Deal Pro Forums (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/index.php)
-   Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   J.J. Abrams (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/showthread.php?t=52415)

mctheory 12-31-2009 06:55 AM

J.J. Abrams

Does anyone have the contact for J.J Abrams, the Director of Star Trek?

12916studios 12-31-2009 01:44 PM

Re: J.J. Abrams

I highly doubt anyone here has it. You can find the info for his agent on IMDb Pro, but there's zero chance you'll get more than that. That man is the current Hwood golden-boy. Don't expect to be able to get anywhere near him.

Telly 12-31-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mctheory (Post 608506)

I want to burst your bubble so bad it hurts.

Geoff Alexander 12-31-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mctheory (Post 608506)

1221 Olympic Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90404
United States

Main : (310) 664-3456

You could start by calling and asking for "JayDub". If he's not around, talk to Sheryl Clark who runs the film side. Oh, yeah, and tell them that Telly sent you.

joe9alt 12-31-2009 03:09 PM

Use the info SB gave you, Mctheory, and tell all these other geniuses to **** off.

Telly 12-31-2009 03:19 PM

yeah, man, yeah!!!

joe9alt 12-31-2009 03:31 PM

I just don't get all the hate.

If people think a so called "newbie" question is dumb why piss all over the guy...explain why you think it's dumb and do some teaching.

Instead you get a bunch of mother******s only a rung or two higher on the ladder than the newbie trying to inflate their egos by making the dude feel like a piece of ****.

It gets old.

Telly 12-31-2009 03:40 PM

I'm sorry Joe.

I'm sorry mctheory.

There, my new leaf. Happy New Year.

I'll have you know, I'm not even one rung up from a newbie and once I feel the need I will return to being a jerk, just because.

Rantanplan 12-31-2009 03:41 PM

The info on IMDB is:

Bad Robot
5555 Melrose Ave.
Swanson 107
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Tel: 323-956-2995

Telly 12-31-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12916studios (Post 608648)
I never intended to piss all over the guy, I was just trying to be realistic -- though maybe you weren't referring to me. I honestly doubted no one here would have a decent contact address for him. Nevertheless, I personally would never query J.J. Abrams, because he's just that big and most likely untouchable. And also, I'm an enormous fan of his. I would of course love to work on a project of his, but not by way of querying.

It's your choice, though.

Don't sweat it. It was a stupid question and some feel the noble quest to save all newbs from the tyranny of others who point out a stupid question when it's asked. It would have taken this guy two minutes to google for his answer or do a search here on DD. Not to mention if you have to ask for it on a screenwriting board it's probably a bad idea, outside of an unrealistic one.

I chose the path of humor and pissed of a righteous crusader. It happens. I'm the first one to come to the aid of newbs around here, so I get it. However I do think some of us need to check the air up there when dogging out other members that have done nothing but helped in these forums for years.

Might I add, I say and ask stupid things on these boards all the time and no one ever comes to my rescue :(