Final Draft, Movie Magic or Sophocles -- best for speech recognition?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Draft, Movie Magic or Sophocles -- best for speech recognition?

Hi guys

I've just started using Dragon Naturally Speaking 8, and it's fantastic -- with almost 98% accuracy after some solid training.

I'd love to use it with a screenwriting program, but I'm not sure which one to go with.

Naturally Speaking is primarily a Windows-based program and responds the best in Windows applications.

Anyone use this with scriptwriting software?

Re: Final Draft, Movie Magic or Sophocles -- best for speech recognition?

I have Dragon but have not tried it with screenwriting programs. The nature of that kind of writing is such that typing, for me, is much easier: a few pages a day is about all you can expect to do, anyway.

I may try it sometime, though.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

I have MM and Dragon works great! Articulate or roommate will be written
      as mermaid. I have no problems with voice dictation at this time on MM.

Charli

Comment

While we have never fully tested compatibility with Dragon, our clients have told us that it does work well with Movie Magic Screenwriter. We did a cursory check of Dragon and Dramatica (including getting it to click next or previous for you) and it seemed to work very well.

Comment

Working...
        X