No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Departed

agreed

his work is character, not plot driven... his violence comes from the characters and not what needs to happen next...

that being said I don't think he has any business remaking a film... people should be attempting (failing) to recapture his films

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEPANTYHOSE
      just because it's graphic doesn't make it gratuitous.
      well true but gratuitous can be a subjective term.
      "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
      -Maya Angelou

Comment

Anyone go see this today? I'm on my way, late matinee. High anticipation ...

Comment

I should be going later on if my girl is willing...
          A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
          Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
          Money is better than compliments.

Comment

Top notch gangster film, Scorcese is getting better with age. Film was sold out for an 11am viewing.

Comment

came back from the theatre... the film is definitely DVD worthy. Great dialogue and action sequences. Marky Mark steals this one folks.

Comment

For all those who had seen Infernal Affairs: Go watch this with an open mind, it's a very good nod to the original but with an identity of its own. Bed is right, Wahlberg impressed me here...Again.
                A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                Money is better than compliments.

Comment

Loved it. A fine adaptation of a fine film ("Infernal Affairs"), taking a whole new approach to the material. DiCaprio, Damon and Wahlberg all outstanding, with the weakest performance being by Vera Farmiga in a small but pivotal role. Marty's back on track with this one. Went to a 1PM matinée that was packed.

Comment

I saw it with a nearly packed house in Dallas. It was riveting all the way through. I had to take a leak really bad, but held it until the end. And I don't do that for most movies. Only gripe I had about it -- and I don't think this is giving anything away -- is one point where many in the audience laughed out loud. And it was a scene that definitely wasn't supposed to be funny. Other than that, a really entertaining film.

Comment

Loved it. Not quite in the echelon as Goodfellas but very close.

Great ending. Solid acting and direction. The only weak link was the contrived love triangle.

Comment

this movie was a top notch crime flick. i'd go see it again definately. worth every penny. never wouldve guessed the ending. just how i like em.

lots of little funny parts along with a lot of bodies dropping left and right. loved the part in the movie at the end when Matt Damon tried to pat the dog outside his apartment and the dog moved away like "don't touch me dude"
                        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

One of the best movies of the year, but it's not like there was any competition.

Comment

Saw it last night, and loved it. Marty's best since Goodfellas, very slick, amazing story.

Does anyone have a PDF of the script? I'd love to read it. Please let me know if you find it anywhere!

Bob

Comment

Loved it... probably my favorite film this year. I really wanna go see it again and will need this on DVD.

It was a long, but in a good way... I didn't want it to stop.

*SPOILERISH*

The beginning of the end really surprised me... with the first death. I was kinda pissed there. Then the rest happened and it was pretty funny, lol. Then I predicted the actual ending, which I'm glad came because it really wrapped things up nicely. I loved the movie...

Yup, loved it. Think I've said that though. Nicholson is great. Dicaprio is great. Wahlberg is great. Damon is great. And so was everyone else.

I agree that the love triangle was a bit... eh, but I don't think I'd do away with it because it worked.

And the theatre was pretty packed when I saw it tonight. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Comment

Wahlberg was hilarious in this movie.

But I don't believe it will get many Oscar nominations; certainly not for best picture. It's just not what the Academy likes. Scorsese will get nominated for best director but will not win. If he ever was going to get a win, it would have been in 1980 for Raging Bull.
                                Last edited by Biohazard; 10-08-2006, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X