Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV question

I've been querying production companies directly, and have gotten several read requests. In a couple of cases, I've been asked to submit a CV or to give more background about my credits (none) before submitting the script. In those cases, whatever I've said (something about my day job as a clinical psychologist, etc.) has closed the door. This morning, an assistant to a producer that would (IMO of course) be a great fit for this script has...requested my CV before accepting the submission. Does anyone have advice as to a response that won't sound totally lame, given no credits?

Re: CV question

this is always a toughie. sometimes they only want to look at your stuff if someone else has already deemed you worthy. don't they want to judge for themselves?!

anyhoo - i can only suggest for those of us with no real credits: nothing produced, no published novels, no screenwriting contests won, etc...
    that maybe you need to tell how your day job or life experience has been invaluable to you writing this particular story.

how is being a clinical psychologist necessary for you to tell this story? it's falls in the "write what you know" category. and this is one reason why i think people should stop writing about serial killers and such kinds of people they've never encountered in real life.

hope this helps but i'm sure someone else around here will have more to give.

Comment

thanks for the input, nikeegoddess. whatever b.s. i came up with seems to have shut the door again. no follow-up email from them. *sigh*

Comment

I was always told to only include relevant information in your CV or Showreel/Portfolio. If it's not relevant, leave it out.

Comment

Working...
        X