Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridley Scott talks Prometheus *spoilers*

What everyone assumed to be true, Scott confirmed. The Engineers created humanity, guided us through life, eventually disapproved of us, sent down an Engineer ("Jesus") to set us straight, and we crucified him.

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/6/11...is-it-con.html

So that answers one plot hole ("Why do the Engineers want to kill us?") out of the big bunch.

Re: Ridley Scott talks Prometheus *spoilers*

SPOILERS

So then we created a robot who then used us to create an alien who killed God. So does that mean the alien is God now? Are we God now? Is Michael Fassbender's head God now?
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

what a terrible movie.

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
        SPOILERS

So then we created a robot who then used us to create an alien who killed God. So does that mean the alien is God now? Are we God now? Is Michael Fassbender's head God now?
        I thought the liquid stuff that killed everyone was God.
        On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

SPOILERS

I'm pretty sure the movie posits that Ridley Scott is God. That's the only way you can explain the plot of the film.

Comment

So tired of analyzing this movie, it isn't even funny any more. It failed on the basic level of film making, for all it`s special effects.

You shouldn't have to look for deep meaning into every characters actions, but you`re almost forced to, to make any sense of it.

Comment

Studio: Hey, Damon, this Lost script is great, cool - love it. But it makes no sense at all - what gives?
              DL: Erm, it's the black gas. Yeah, the black smoke did it.
              Studio: Cool! You're the best.

Studio: Hey, Damon, love the Alien: Engineers script. But seriously dude, it makes no friggin' sense whatsoever. How do we explain this sh*t?
              DL: Got it - black liquid! That's what, like, does everything. Or at least whatever we want it to. Or whatever.
              Studio: Whoa DL - I like it.

Studio: Yo Damon, where we at with the new Alien Christ Superstar script?
              DL: I was thinking maybe we could centre it around a black solid. Yeah, this, like, rectangle. And here's the cool bit - you start at the dawn of man, with like monkeys, and they touch the black solid and that's how they become humans.
              Studio: Jesus - that's great? Why didn't anyone think of that before?

(and yes, I am just jealous...)
              My stuff

Comment

The director shouldn't need to come out months after the film has been released to explain it basic plot lines.

You failed Ridley. You failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                  The director shouldn't need to come out months after the film has been released to explain it basic plot lines.

You failed Ridley. You failed.
                  I actually thought that part was obvious from the film and didn't need explaining, only confirmation.

Everything else, though, well that's a different story.

Comment

It was a great looking film, but didn't really have a great deal to say, which is a problem when the film looks like it would.

Comment

SPOILERS

I think Ridley's biggest problem is that this type of storyline is simply NOT interesting. Aliens creating us in their image is an old idea, and it just doesn't have any appeal, back then, or now.

If you want a powerful story, you need to go down a more space opera route. It isn't a surprise franchises like Star Wars and Star Trek have such powerful fan bases. They're relatable, almost Shakespearean, uber-dramatic. This is what the masses crave.

It also isn't a surprise that when these beloved space franchises begin speaking about a scientific God (Star Trek V) or a scientific religion (mida-chlorians) it makes us all want to violently hurl.
                      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I think Ridley's biggest problem is that this type of storyline is simply NOT interesting.
                        I don't know about that. I alway think that it`s the execution of the idea that makes the difference. RS was guilty of over complication and making his story too ambiguous. There is nothing at all smart about complexity in a story, and I think a lot of the supporters of this film are genuinely threatened by it.

Comment

Originally posted by miktal-1 View Post
                          I don't know about that. I alway think that it`s the execution of the idea that makes the difference. RS was guilty of over complication and making his story too ambiguous. There is nothing at all smart about complexity in a story, and I think a lot of the supporters of this film are genuinely threatened by it.
                          Yeah, I think it wasn't that the story was stale--although the movie was hyped to be inventive and have all these deep, meaningful questions and answers to go with them, which it obviously didn't.

I think the proof of poor execution was in the reaction of not only the audience, but of the ultra conservatives. If someone tipped off the churches that someone's making a big budget widely released movie that basically says we were all made by massive blue alien guys called "Engineers" and then they sent one of their own down to teach us things and we named him Jesus and crucified him, the protests would be a mile long.

But, in reality, no one even gave a crap.
                          On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Alien was great because you didn't know anything and weren't supposed to. It was primal fear. You were IN the story and it was all a great mystery.

This whole trying to explain everything is so elaborate and ridiculous I don't even know what to say anymore. Jesus Christ, I mean, Jesus Christ? They just keep killing the mystery and unveiling things so mediocre we were so much better off with the mystery. Might as well end with: the Alien's butler did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossbraker View Post
                              Might as well end with: the Alien's butler did it.
                              Wasn't that Ash?
                              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Working...
                              X