Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christopher Lockhart's HOW TO TALK ABOUT YOUR SCRIPT

Find it frustrating and difficult to pitch your script after writing it?

Live Interactive Video Class: It's important to be able to talk about your story in a way that clearly communicates the central conflict and protagonist without weighing down the conversation with unnecessary elements, which are certain to turn people off.

This interactive session will focus on how to pitch your project over the phone, in a meeting or even in casual conversation, which will go hand-in-hand with a strong logline and query letter. Chris will discuss the difference between pitching for features and pitching for television shows, and we'll specifically examine the most appropriate way to pitch at the various "pitch fests.-

Class members are encouraged to participate but can simply watch and learn. Students are welcome to share their pitches for feedback.* Students may e-mail brief written pitches in advance to [email protected].

Date & Time: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (Pacific)

The Instructor: Christopher Lockhart is an active film executive and producer. He is currently the Story Editor at William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (WME), where he looks for potential film projects for a small roster of A-list clients including Denzel Washington, Mel Gibson and Steve Martin. He previously spent nine years at ICM, where he ran the Story Department. He co-produced The Collector, which was released nationwide last summer, and is writer/producer on the documentary Most Valuable Players. He has taught screenwriting at UCLA and Los Angeles Valley College and has lectured around the country. He received an LA Area Emmy Award nomination for his televised writing workshop "The Inside Pitch.- He has an MFA in dramatic writing from NYU. Christopher can be found online at the screenwriting co-op www.twoadverbs.com. You can learn more about him at his blog.

Tickets: Tickets are $25 per person and can be purchased with a credit card or PayPal account by by visiting this page: http://donedealpro.payperlive.com/event/view/8447. (If you do not already have a Stickam or PayPal account, they will be automatically created for you. These accounts can be used to purchase tickets for future classes.)

A few minutes before the start of class (9 a.m. on Sunday, May 23, 2010), visit http://donedealpro.payperlive.com/ and log in with the e-mail address and password (i.e., your Stickam account) you used to purchase your ticket. Note that the audio may be turned off when you first log in (while we're setting up), but we'll turn it on once class starts.

Please be sure your browser supports the latest version of Flash. Also, a DSL or faster connection is highly recommended. For technical assistance, please refer to PayPayLive's F.A.Q or e-mail [email protected]. We strongly advise that you try out Stickam's site first, for free, to make sure you can see the video streams. A similar interface is used on PayPerLive, which is owned by Stickam.

* Owing to the nature of a live event, Christopher may not be able to answer everyone's questions or provide feedback to all students.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Re: Christopher Lockhart's HOW TO TALK ABOUT YOUR SCRIPT

Will, since I always ask, I'm going to do it again. Any plans to turn this into a podcast or some sort of downloadable file? I'm happy to pay $25 but family, kids, commitments, etc. get in the way logging on live. thanks!

This sounds like something that could be useful just as an audio download as well?
    If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

No plans still. This is a long class and we're just still not set up to do any kind of recording for it. Nor are we able to work well with any huge files. Maybe someday. (Not ignoring the requests.)

Also, some of the stuff he talks about -- stories from the industry -- might not be the kind of thing we'd look to archive anywhere, to be honest.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ is a software I use at work all the time. It's the most basic and ease of use audio recording device I've come across. You basically hook up a mini-jack to your PC and record the incoming feed (via a sound board or secondary mic) and you are golden. It offlines the contents for free to either wma or mp3. It's fool proof.

I know, I know, you're not doing this. But just incase you did...

EJ

Comment

When did this go up? The whole PPV? Nice. I'll be there!

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
            http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ is a software I use at work all the time. It's the most basic and ease of use audio recording device I've come across. You basically hook up a mini-jack to your PC and record the incoming feed (via a sound board or secondary mic) and you are golden. It offlines the contents for free to either wma or mp3. It's fool proof.

I know, I know, you're not doing this. But just incase you did...

EJ
            Understood but we don't have all that. Also, when running the video class it's enough just to keep the live video feed going nicely, answering questions in the chat, working with Chris, etc. Someday when we can afford the production team we'll have to look at all this.
            Will
            Done Deal Pro
            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Chris Lockhart's latest.

Comment

Go, Chris!

Comment

As a quick reminder, we are about a week and half away. We hope the Sunday morning class will help some of you that haven't been able to come on Saturday mornings.
                  Will
                  Done Deal Pro
                  www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Don't forget we'll be doing Chris' class this Sunday morning. Hope to see some of you there.
                    Will
                    Done Deal Pro
                    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

would anyone be able to record the session on behalf of DD? i'm unable to attend

Comment

No recording at this time, maybe someday down the road.
                        Will
                        Done Deal Pro
                        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I would be all over this if I were starting out and working on my pitch. That is a very fair price and an excellent information source. I'm posting this in my forums and on FB.
                          GirlinGray

Comment

im unable to get this to work i logged in and got a message that i wasn't live. after waiting a couple of minutes, i hit the refresh button and now i'm unable to see the log in page...

Comment

The class is going now. Our video host was having tech issues.

But we're going now. And since we had some issues we're just going to open the class up to all, so come on by. Anyone that paid will be refunded so come enjoy it, if you want, for free. It's on us this time.

Again, our apologies for the delay.

You can view the class here, BTW: www.donedealpro.payperlive.com
                              Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 05-23-2010, 01:08 PM.
                              Will
                              Done Deal Pro
                              www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
                              X