Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extracurricular Activities

Hi. This is a shameless plug for my film Extracurricular Activities playing at the Santa Monica Laemmle this weekend and through the week. Deep dark comedy thriller with Tim Simons, Colin Ford, and Ellie Bamber with Bobby Lee, Danielle Macdonald, and Patrick Fabian. Great reviews so far... Love to hear what you all think.

Re: Extracurricular Activities

Awesome! Just watched trailer and it was fun. I'm an east coaster, but still excited by anyone on this board who actually made a film!

I assume writer?
    Last edited by Bono; 05-18-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      Awesome! Just watched trailer and it was fun. I'm an east coaster, but still excited by anyone on this board who actually made a film!

I assume writer?
      You assume correctly. It was a solo spec... I have solo credit. Only writer on the film. It was a dream come true. Thanks... It's a pretty dark funny thriller.

Comment

Love to hear how it came to be since this is the dream -- getting something made. I tried this a few times, trying to get our specs made at smaller production companies but to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          Love to hear how it came to be since this is the dream -- getting something made. I tried this a few times, trying to get our specs made at smaller production companies but to no avail.
          I wrote it originally as a writing sample, pretty sure because of the subject matter and my treatment of it there wasn't much of a chance it would get made. But I wanted to write something so out of the box and original the producers would notice the writing. And it worked, for 18 years it has served as a door opener in Hollywood. Getting me into enough rooms to make a good living writing the last 9 years.

It was optioned 8 times by 8 different producers, production companies, and directors, once even set up at a Studio... all ended up scared off in the end, except the last... and he was determined to get it made. He did. It was a labor of love, not without the usual giant peaks and valleys, but it released last week and last night I sat in a full house to watch it on the big screen once more before I leave LA for home (San Francisco). The reviews have overwhelmingly been great... and more doors are opening...

And although it's my 14th credited film, it's by far the most important to me. And I think it proves what I always heard about scripts... If you write one great script, not easy to do, it can make your career.

Comment

so happy to see this dream come true. well done, EdFury.
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I never realized this was you, Bob. I don't know you in person, but I follow you on Twitter. You've been a great inspiration, and I appreciate all of the honest advice and guidance you've provided over the years (free of charge, no less). Although you don't need to hear it from me, you absolutely deserve every bit of success that this film is achieving, as well as any future success coming your way.

Comment

Originally posted by RALPHWALDOFAN View Post
                I never realized this was you, Bob. I don't know you in person, but I follow you on Twitter. You've been a great inspiration, and I appreciate all of the honest advice and guidance you've provided over the years (free of charge, no less). Although you don't need to hear it from me, you absolutely deserve every bit of success that this film is achieving, as well as any future success coming your way.
                Thank you. That's so kind of you. I appreciate it.

Comment

Good on you brother. Wishing you much success with it!

Comment

Originally posted by muckraker View Post
                    Good on you brother. Wishing you much success with it!
                    Thanks. It's actually getting some great reviews and doing pretty good business in LA. I'm grateful.

Comment

Congrats, Ed.

Loooove Patrick Fabian.

Comment

Originally posted by pabloamigo View Post
                        Congrats, Ed.

Loooove Patrick Fabian.
                        He was so great. We were so fortunate to get him. Thanks.

Comment

One more Shameless Plug.

EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES is out on VOD.... Just about every platform you can think of... I would appreciate a watch... your enjoyment.... and you have my gratitude.

Thanks.

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Hey, I just looked it up. That's beautiful!

Will this -- or I should say "when will this" -- be screened in Austin?

I'd like to see it in a theater.
                              "THIMK." - Amomynous

Comment

Working...
                              X