Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other contests I should try this year?

Hi guys,

I've got the money to enter a couple more contests this year and was wondering if you guys could recommend the best ones in terms of prestige and opportunity to further one's career.

So far I've entered my action script into the Nichol and Page awards.

Are there any others you'd recommend (and can you give me the deadlines?)

Thanks everyone

Re: Other contests I should try this year?

Tracking B, I'm on my phone so not sure of the deadlines. Check out www.trackingb.com and click on 2011 contest to the right I believe.
    Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by alexrpeters View Post
      Hi guys,

I've got the money to enter a couple more contests this year and was wondering if you guys could recommend the best ones in terms of prestige and opportunity to further one's career.

So far I've entered my action script into the Nichol and Page awards.

Are there any others you'd recommend (and can you give me the deadlines?)

Thanks everyone
      The TrackingB contest is good, although it doesn't offer a cash prize. The first 1000 people to enter two scripts get a free 1-year subscription.
      what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Originally posted by Kwinnky View Post
        The TrackingB contest is good, although it doesn't offer a cash prize. The first 1000 people to enter two scripts get a free 1-year subscription.
        But if you were lucky enough to win or place in tracking b, what you get is potentially much better than the cash prizes of most contests, besides Page and Nicholl, and IF your script is really good, the odds are better because there are fewer entrants. The goal of entering a contest shouldn't be the cash prize. If you're looking for another good contest to enter anyway, you should definitely go for tracking b.
        "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Can anyone tell me why the BlueCat is so highly regarded?

Comment

I read a TV winner of TrackingB from the other year and thought it was terrible writing. Make sure you have a good 'concept' for them, it's all that matters at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
            X