View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
prescribe22

Default Re: The Raven... uh, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboffer View Post
Look, seriously, I'm not ready for Hollywood, and I'm not pretending I am. I have three scripts, and they all suck. I'm not jealous. I've only been screenwriting for a year, and with how busy am I with work, I'v barely even been one the last 4 months. I do not care who gets money.

But I do care about quality movies, and the fact this could inspire a feature is nauseating.

The fact I like to write does not mean I don't get to be a critic, and it has nothing to do with jealousy.

You know that short was pointless and derivative.
You read a fan page that said a short film was getting some interest from movie studios.

It doesn't say what studios.

It doesn't say what level of interest there is.

It doesn't say whether or not the filmmakers and their reps at WME have more to offer. For all you know they've got a kickass feature length script ready.

Even if that's not the case, the link you providing only says studios have showed "interest".

That doesn't mean jack. Studios are constantly scouring all forms of media looking for something that can spark a film. They pass on the vast majority of it.

But the bottom line here is that you have no clue what's going with this project. NONE!!

Yet you immediately jump to the conclusion that the only thing this particular filmmaker has a is this short and that studios are blindly going gaga over it.

That's a very large leap.

You also make the claim that you "care about movies". Implying that the filmmaker who made that short does not.

It's quite obvious that you think this particular filmmaker doesn't deserve a film deal despite the fact that you don't know anything about the project or him or what else is going on behind the scenes.

I find that kinda nauseating.

BTW you've now said twice that you're not jealous, and I still don't buy it.
prescribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote