Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDP Hits 30,000

I realize milestone posts don't mean much to anyone other than probably the poster. But I'm uploading updates and I just loaded in the 30,000th deal for the site. Thought I would take a moment for it. (More to add in still to catch up with yesterday.)

Never thought it would last thing long. Never had any grand plan. But we're still going and hope those who do subscribe and/or also use our free forums, examples, contest info, links, interviews, etc. still enjoy using all and find some value in it.

Thanks for being here and part of our site & community.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Re: DDP Hits 30,000

Yowza!

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
      I realize milestone posts don't mean much to anyone other than probably the poster. But I'm uploading updates and I just loaded in the 30,000th deal for the site. Thought I would take a moment for it. (More to add in still to catch up with yesterday.)
      That's impressive and it sounds like a lot of hard work. Congratulations!

Speaking of milestones, I'm still trying to figure this one out.

"Most users ever online was 1,592, 06-29-2015 at 06:00 PM."
      "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
        Speaking of milestones, I'm still trying to figure this one out.

"Most users ever online was 1,592, 06-29-2015 at 06:00 PM."
        I'm not quite sure if this is a tongue-in-check question, but that actually means what it sounds like. Via session cookies, the forum knows how many people are visiting the site within roughly a 15 minute time frame, per our current settings. So on that date at that time/window of time, there were nearly 1,600 people visiting the site and looking around. Probably some where bots, maybe even spammers looking about, etc. But still a busy point on the message board.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

That's a pretty amazing milestone, thanks once again Will for the services you've provided over the many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
            I'm not quite sure if this is a tongue-in-check question, but that actually means what it sounds like. Via session cookies, the forum knows how many people are visiting the site within roughly a 15 minute time frame, per our current settings. So on that date at that time/window of time, there were nearly 1,600 people visiting the site and looking around. Probably some where bots, maybe even spammers looking about, etc. But still a busy point on the message board.
            No, I didn't mean it to be tongue-in-check.

I was just curious about why then.
            "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

The forum may be damn quiet these days but believe me the quality of advice and information here is unparalleled. I've tried asking the same question here and on reddit. DDP is where it's at.

Comment

I don't think I'd have numerous scripts under my belt if I hadn't found Done Deal. It has been my go-to source for information and inspiration since I caught the screenwriting bug many moons ago. Thanks for putting in the time and effort, Will.

Comment

Many thanks, Will. By making and keeping the DDP forums freely available, you've helped at least one person to hold onto some sanity during difficult times.
                  Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
                  "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

congrats, Will, that's a pretty big number.
                    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Congrats on your milestone! DD has been a very important component of my screenwriting life and I'm so happy to be a part of this community. A true highlight was a couple weeks ago at the Nicholl awards show when a stranger came up to me and said "Wenonah... I'm Will from Done Deal!" - hugs ensued. So awesome.

Comment

Today, at 5:30 a.m., it says there are 4,000 visitors. Could there be a problem with security where we would have to worry about spammers and hackers?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNYC View Post
                            Today, at 5:30 a.m., it says there are 4,000 visitors. Could there be a problem with security where we would have to worry about spammers and hackers?
                            No. You should be fine. There is nothing stored here to really hack or steal from anyone's account.

And I manually check every new user account before it's approved. I check multiple things to make as sure as possible they are not spammers. I've prevented/deleted tens of thousands of accounts over the years from spammers.
                            Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 12-03-2018, 08:21 AM.
                            Will
                            Done Deal Pro
                            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
                            X