Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Franklin Leonard

1 to 100 seems a lot smarter than 1 to 10 to me...

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
      no, joe, that is not what i said. you missed the point, again. the point was the disparity between the 9 and the 3 not the 3 in and of itself. if i get all 3s that's fine. that's not what i'm disputing.
      finalact4, you keep saying I miss your point, I miss your point. I think the problem is that you don't know what your point is. I gave my opinion on the disparity between 9 and the 3, which you had issue with also.

I think you just look for any reason to type "War and Peace" type of posts.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNYC View Post
        finalact4, you keep saying I miss your point, I miss your point. I think the problem is that you don't know what your point is. I gave my opinion on the disparity between 9 and the 3, which you had issue with also.

I have no idea what your point is either Joe.

9-3 = 6, does that solve anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          Usually you're a funny dude, Bono, but I'm not finding you very funny right now.

Point: Subjectivity.

Don't automatically assume the reviewer is not component, or the scoring criteria is flawed. I don't know why none of this was not comprehensible.

Maybe I'm not as articulate as I thought.

Comment

Usually you're a funny dude, Bono, but I'm not finding you very funny right now.

Don't automatically assume the reviewer is not component, or the scoring criteria is flawed. I don't know why none of this was not comprehensible.

I don't always make jokes -- just ask Up and Coming...

I agree on that -- I'm saying FA4 I think was arguing something else...

I was saying, "Why are you upset that she doesn't agree with you?" You guys rarely agree.

Have you been writing when you're not here, Joe? I hope so.

Between fighting on this thread, I wrote 6 pages in an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
              it's a good approach. i've learned not to leave it on the site. even with being in the top lists, your return is maybe a single download every month or so, and you never know who that person is.
              Yeah. No way I'm paying $30 a month for so little return.
              "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

I was saying, "Why are you upset that she doesn't agree with you?" You guys rarely agree.

Have you been writing when you're not here, Joe? I hope so.
                I don't care whether or not she agrees with me. She just exhausts me.

I haven't been writing. Personal and business stuff has been sidetracking me.

I finished a script a little over a month ago where I wanted to get into the feedback process, but I haven't found the time, which is frustrating.

Comment

You should ask FA4 for a read... just kidding.

You exhaust people too Joe. And I know I do (see this thread).

But good on you for finishing something. I'm afraid to ask -- is it new???

Comment

I Miss Gucci
                    Last edited by Bono; 09-13-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

the problem is you take part of what is said. what you want to use for your purposes and take it out of context in doing so, imo.

if you don't like my opinion block me. i'll be happier for it. if you don't get what i'm saying, that's not my problem. i'm not here to please you. i'm offering an opinion based on my experience. this is a site for writers. i'm one. you're one. you want to be abrasive, fine. i can ignore it.
                      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

9-3 = 6, does that solve anything?
                        made me smile.
                        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

i wasn't automatically assuming, joe. that's the difference. i'm talking from experiences, you're not. you are assuming.
                          Last edited by finalact4; 09-14-2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

I don't care whether or not she agrees with me. She just exhausts me.

I haven't been writing. Personal and business stuff has been sidetracking me.

I finished a script a little over a month ago where I wanted to get into the feedback process, but I haven't found the time, which is frustrating.
                            the feeling's mutual, joe.

btw,congrats on finishing the script.

it's funny that even though you're critical of my comments, which is fine, and i exhaust you, and you "don't care whether i agree with you or not," you did select me as "one of the three writers" you wanted to read your script and offer notes.

what's even more ironic is that you asked me to read your script after you withdrew your offer to read my script, which i did not even solicit, you offered it freely then recanted when i you didn't like a comment i made about your post.

you know, i make mistakes. and i admit them freely and wholeheartedly. i learn from them. i don't hold a grudge, but i do move on. my opinion can and does change, but what i don't like is when someone pretends to be something they're not. it's disingenuous.

Comment

I Miss Gucci
                              Where'd he go?

Comment

Originally posted by Strangerthanfiction
                                Thank you so much for explaining how it works, Greg. The Nicholls experience just hasn't been the same without you.
                                I'm out of the loop. Has it been markedly different? It seems like he established something that has been carried through, but maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X