No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writer needed for Collaboration in L.A. area

Seeking Writing Partner L.A. Area
    Looking for seasoned writer/s in the Los Angeles area with an Urban Flare to collaborate and convert a Treatment into a full script . There maybe a small pay scale upfront, but will split 50/50 on back end if and when project is optioned.
    There's opportunity to work on other projects as well if we our on the same page. Please submit a sample of work to [email protected] no more then 5 pages!
    Only serious and open minded please respond.......
    Last edited by Urban Minded; 09-14-2018, 01:39 PM.

Re: Writer needed for Collaboration in L.A. area

How "small" is the upfront payment?

And what do you bring to the table other than the treatment?

Do you have IMDB credits? Industry contacts?

It sounds like you're asking someone to do 90% of the work (turning a treatment into a script) for a very small chance of 50% of the money. Why do you think this would appeal to anyone?
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Minded View Post
      Default Seeking Writing Partner L.A. Area
      Looking for seasoned writer/s in the Los Angeles area with an Urban Flare to collaborate and convert a Treatment into a full script . There maybe a small pay scale upfront, but will split 50/50 on back end if and when project is optioned.
      There's opportunity to work on other projects as well if we our on the same page. Please submit a sample of work to [email protected] no more then 5 pages!
      Only serious and open minded please respond.......
      What does 'default' mean in this context?

Anyhow, I doubt we our [sic] on the same page - I'm a hilarious bigot.
      Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
      "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Good Day @LaurieD,

I would like to say I hope my post offends anyone! I truly value and respect a Writers worth and skills. I would not expect anyone to do 90% of the work because I also write! My story goes I was once a script runner for Warner Bros. and took up writing script as a hobby. However I always had the Ideals but not the true writing skills, so I would write Treatments or Outlines. Some of which I've pitch to a few Hollywood exec that later ended up being on the Big Screen but that another story.

So fast forward 15 years later and I find myself still meeting people in the Industry. One recently whom happens to be a Producer with his own Production company. We had lunch and I share my story with him which lead to me emailing him my last Treatment / Script that I had been working on and to my surprised he liked it and now wants to see the script. So that brings me here looking for a PARTNER or someone whom maybe be willing to take a chance. Now I know I can get an updated version of Final Draft or Script Wizard and do it myself. However I get a headache thinking about how crazy I'll make myself giving that I have my own Business now. So I thought I'd throw this out here and see what happens what do I have to lose...

But I thank you for your input and inquiry...

Comment

@Crayon that was an error my friend! Thanks for the heads up...; )

Comment

So that brings me here looking for a PARTNER or someone whom maybe be willing to take a chance. Now I know I can get an updated version of Final Draft or Script Wizard and do it myself. However I get a headache thinking about how crazy I'll make myself giving that I have my own Business now.
            That still sounds like you expect your "partner" to do all the writing part...
            "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

@Crayon that was an error my friend! Thanks for the heads up...; )
              You're welcome, Urban Minded / Chris Jones.

Your grammar is rather quirky. Is English your first language?
              Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
              "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

@LauriD

Then don't do it.

Comment

Working...
                X