Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastbound & Down

Kenny Powers is backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!

Over a year off, and this show has lost nothing. The opener was written by the creators and it hit a homerun for me. It's so comedy.

Re: Eastbound & Down

All the pieces were there for a great season dos opener, but it just fell short for me. I mean, really, how could you go wrong:

-Kenny working as a professional cockfighter, with a vicious mexican midget sidekick
    -Kenny roaming through the streets at night with his posse on mopeds.
    -Kenny trying to sell zebra rides on a painted donkey
    -Kenny getting robbed by his former mexican midget sidekick.

my expectations were extremely high for season dos, and I'm still looking forward to the next 6 episodes, but as Kenny would say "lower your expectations, raise your average."

-MT
    If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

I liked this season opener. It wasn't hilarious but it was entertaining enough. Maybe they should have called this "South Bound and Out"!

Comment

I finally caught this show and I love it. He's from where I'm from so it was also nice to get a few references to the area in. As soon as that one guy in the pilot said something about working for "Widespread" I knew exactly what band he was talking about - Widespread Panic, the quintessential North Carolina local band. Lots of lovely inside jokes about home for me.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Was the little guy's name Aaron? That guy was awesome. He'll cut off your titty.

Comment

Kenny's speech at the end was epic.

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
              I finally caught this show and I love it. He's from where I'm from so it was also nice to get a few references to the area in. As soon as that one guy in the pilot said something about working for "Widespread" I knew exactly what band he was talking about - Widespread Panic, the quintessential North Carolina local band. Lots of lovely inside jokes about home for me.
              Dude, WP is from Athens, Georgia.

Off topic, it sucks that they're the ones who basically started Bonnaroo but never get the credit for it in the press anymore. They're a great live act and most people I know that have gone to Bonnaroo every year since it started (it's only an hour and a half north from here) go only when they can see WP.

Okay, back to Kenny Powers...
              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus View Post

Off topic, it sucks that they're the ones who basically started Bonnaroo but never get the credit for it in the press anymore. They're a great live act and most people I know that have gone to Bonnaroo every year since it started (it's only an hour and a half north from here) go only when they can see WP.

Okay, back to Kenny Powers...
                f*ckin' hippies.

-MT
                If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

They are? They must never be in Georgia because when I was in college they were up our way like every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                    They are? They must never be in Georgia because when I was in college they were up our way like every weekend.
                    They're always in GA. They played in GA (Athens, Atlanta, Decatur, etc) all the time and also B'ham and Huntsville, AL.

They're just on the road constantly (or, used to be a lot more in the late 90s) and hit pretty much every place from AL to NC.

But, yeah, they played down here mostly.
                    "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

They're always in GA. They played in GA (Athens, Atlanta, Decatur, etc) all the time and also B'ham and Huntsville, AL.

They're just on the road constantly (or, used to be a lot more in the late 90s) and hit pretty much every place from AL to NC.

But, yeah, they played down here mostly.
                      Perhaps they cloned themselves. And also, they're still playing?

Know who else was good from the area? Jump Little Children. I miss those guys.

Comment

Last night's cold opening was the best ever. Love the Stevie character.

Comment

That whole second episode was incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by PaleWriter View Post
                            Last night's cold opening was the best ever. Love the Stevie character.
                            Hate to disagree, but the Stevie character annoys me now. Last season, the laughs of his constant Kenny Powers **** sucking wore off; but I guess they are going to milk that character dynamic for every drop.

I say bring the Mexican Midget back as Kenny's sidekick!

He's the funniest character so far this season!

Comment

OMG, soooooo fu*kin hilarious tonight Episode 3. I laughed the entire time. Stevie is way good in this one, haaaaaaaaa. Amazingggggg. Might be one of the funniest episodes so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X