Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scriptshadow

I just learned Carson Reeves thinks he is going to be a producer? What a time to be alive.

Re: Scriptshadow

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
    I just learned Carson Reeves thinks he is going to be a producer? What a time to be alive.
    I thought he was already producing, no? It sounded that way on his site at some point in the past.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
      I thought he was already producing, no? It sounded that way on his site at some point in the past.
      http://scriptshadow.net/scriptshadow...nplay-contest/

This is just incredible. The arrogance. The grandiosity. The self-assurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
        http://scriptshadow.net/scriptshadow...nplay-contest/

This is just incredible. The arrogance. The grandiosity. The self-assurance.
        "I'm looking to win the lottery, if you could just send me nothing but winning numbers, thanks"

Comment

"My template is the most successful small budget-high return model in the business and the most successful director-producer in the business. Also I have zero producorial experience other than reading. Please send money.-

Comment

Thought he was associated with a script recently. Guess not. Maybe it was just that he agreed with the ranking of one on the Annual Black List.

Does he have the contacts? Isn't Carson Reeves a pseudonym? It would seem that if he has the contacts he would have already attached to something as a producer, no? Curious...
            "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Maybe you are thinking of getting MEAT noticed?

I'd imagine he knows some people. I just think the idea that reading a bunch of scripts means you can produce is nuts. Especially given the fact that his one-size-fits all, magic bullet, Buzzfeed ten-secrets-to-writing-a great-script-you-won't-believe approach is just so obnoxious.

The guy triggers the hell out of me. And I'm hardly a card carrying member of the politically correct (whatever that means in current context) blue check mark brigades but the guy just strikes me as toxic.

Comment

Carson Reeves is a pseudonym, and it's not hard to find out his real name with some internet searching. He doesn't trigger me. I also don't buy what he's selling. Occasionally I check out his site when there is a new script out and I want to get a quick run down. I wouldn't rule him out as a producer, but I don't think it's gonna be as easy as he does...

Comment

Amazon book review (from 2012)
                  “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
                    Amazon book review (from 2012)
                    "In his reviews of scripts, Reeves displays an overly simplistic understanding of screenwriting craft and storytelling in general. He has a short attention span and low-level reading comprehension ability, leading to speculation by some that he may suffer some sort of brain tumor. He is like a med-school drop out, who may be able to diagnose the most basic of ailments with your script, but does not have the knowledge or experience to successfully treat it.-

I need a cigarette.

Comment

Good review. Whoever wrote that, I agree.

Comment

The only person with the actual name of the Scriptshadow creator that I could find on IMDb was once an editor for a short film. One 9-minute short “film” from 12 years ago. That was it. No other experience. Now, that might not be the same person — a cyber-sleuthing situation I’ve encountered before — but with that name, what are the odds of that? Regardless, I believe most of us here would agree that Scriptshadow is an aquarium net for catching screenwriting guppies.
                        Last edited by Clint Hill; 02-19-2020, 08:41 PM.
                        “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Love that he says, after all that, "...I discovered what makes a script sell..."

wait for it...

Great writing

That's all you need to know.

Comment

This script was featured on his site and producers saw it and it sold, and the writer has since sold another spec.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/kevin-j...on-1202643411/

More recently, a policeman/writer whose script was featured, was contacted by reps who read the site , and got repped/optioned it -- Cop Cam (?)

http://scriptshadow.net/is-cop-cam-t...-scriptshadow/

At this point, that's a better average than something like the Black List (paid service) and no one is paying any money at all, let alone hundreds of dollars. They're just putting up scripts to compete in an "amateur offerings weekend."

I'm not saying anyone should feel any particular way about any of it. And I doubt very much he's got any role in their production. But that is three projects either repped/optioned or repped/sold directly because of his site in a year and a half or so. All specs.

Comment

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that Carson Reeves is full of fvcking sh1t and knows nothing about screenwriting. I don't think anyone is disputing a few folks have been noticed there.

Comment

Working...
                              X