View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #6
JoeBanks

Default Re: Austin 2019 - Help Please

if you're on a tight budget, the Conference Badge gets you into 99% of everything that a Producer's Badge does. the BBQ is okay (if it's not ungodly hot and/or raining) but honestly you can network with the same people afterward when everyone goes back to the Driskill Bar.

the writer panel days are the first Thurs-Sun. i personally like to leave later on Sunday if possible because they inevitably schedule something i really want to see after lunch and then i feel like i'm cutting it close to get out to Bergstrom for a 3p flight or something. hotels will hold your bags after checkout if you still want to kick around for the Sunday afternoon content.

Aloft is one of the participating AFF hotels (I stayed there last year for the first time and it definitely beats walking over from some of the other more distant options, and in roughly the same price range). they may have already sold all their alloted festival rooms tho. other than the super distant hotels that you have to drive to get to, any of the AFF-participating choices downtown are acceptable -- well, except maybe the La Quinta. really just depends on your budget and how far you want to walk to/from the Driskill each day
JoeBanks is offline   Reply With Quote