Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy / Angel Scripts?

Hey everybody, I could use some help from Buffy fans; for some reason my usual source for TV scripts (http://sites.google.com/site/tvwriting/) doesn't have any Buffy or Angel scripts. I found what appear to be shooting scripts for every single episode of Buffy here and here, but they're all in html format. Does anybody know where I might find PDFs, or how exactly all of these scripts ended up online in the first place? Also, I still can't find any Angel scripts, apart from a few in Limama's Mediafire. Finally, are scripts from any of the unproduced Buffy spin-offs available anywhere? (Buffy the Animated Series, Ripper, Faith the Vampire Slayer, the Spike TV movie, the unproduced second episode of Angel, etc.) Any help would be great!

Re: Buffy / Angel Scripts?

Originally posted by jaydot View Post
    Hey everybody, I could use some help from Buffy fans; for some reason my usual source for TV scripts (http://sites.google.com/site/tvwriting/) doesn't have any Buffy or Angel scripts. I found what appear to be shooting scripts for every single episode of Buffy here and here, but they're all in html format. Does anybody know where I might find PDFs, or how exactly all of these scripts ended up online in the first place? Also, I still can't find any Angel scripts, apart from a few in Limama's Mediafire. Finally, are scripts from any of the unproduced Buffy spin-offs available anywhere? (Buffy the Animated Series, Ripper, Faith the Vampire Slayer, the Spike TV movie, the unproduced second episode of Angel, etc.) Any help would be great!
    It's probably not EXACTLY what you're looking for, but I have a site that I go to for Buffy and Angel transcripts:

For Buffy http://www.buffy-vs-angel.com/guide.shtml

For Angel http://www.buffy-vs-angel.com/guide_ang.shtml

Now Simon Publications did publish script books, but for Buffy only. Also, it's only up to part of Season Three and Once More With Feeling. I don't think they're going to finish publishing the rest. The last one came out in 2003.

I don't think the scripts are available for the other shows you mentioned. I know the Spike TV movie and the Faith the Vampire Slayer were just talks. Nothing actually written. The Faith series was something that would've happened had Eliza Dushku chosen not to sign with FOX for Tru Calling. It was either the Faith Spin Off or Tru Calling. Eliza wanted to do something new and chose Tru Calling instead of continuing Faith. Buffy the Animated Series I'm sure you can find. If I get it in my possession, I'll swing it your way. I saw the first 10 minutes of the Animated Series. I was impressed.

Comment

Actually it wasn't "Tru Calling" that stemmed out of the Faith Series talks with Joss it was "Dollhouse" which led to their collobaration. I'd love to see scripts for "Buffy the Animated Series" which apperently were written. I don't think anything has been written for "Ripper" other than it being talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDestoyer View Post
        Actually it wasn't "Tru Calling" that stemmed out of the Faith Series talks with Joss it was "Dollhouse" which led to their collobaration. I'd love to see scripts for "Buffy the Animated Series" which apperently were written. I don't think anything has been written for "Ripper" other than it being talked about.
        The Faith series was a dead issue by the time Dollhouse was even thought of. After Buffy ended, Joss wanted to do a Faith Series. But Dushku was offered the role in Tru Calling. Her choice came down to either continuing the role of Faith with the Whedon series or doing a new and fresh character with FOX in the role of Tru. After Tru Calling failed and FOX offered Dushku a multimillion dollar deal, the series for Dollhouse came about and Joss and Dushku collaborated once again. But Dollhouse wasn't the reason we didn't get a Faith series - Tru Calling was - as I stated in the previous post.

Comment

Thanks for the info! According to Wikipedia, Joss had written a two-hour pilot for Ripper as of 2002, and the script for Corrupt was at some point available online, but obviously that isn't the most reliable source for information .

Comment

Thanks for the info! According to Wikipedia, Joss had written a two-hour pilot for Ripper as of 2002, and the script for Corrupt was at some point available online, but obviously that isn't the most reliable source for information .
            I overlooked Ripper on there. Yes. Joss had written a pilot and they were getting ready to shoot it. I think it came down to finding the network to pick it up that became the issue. Same thing happened with Buffy the Animated Series.

Comment

My mistake regarding "Dollhouse" and thanks for the correction. I still would watch a "Ripper" series along with a "Buffy The Animated Series". My ultimate wish though is for a "Fray" movie starring Natalie Portman since she was the original inspiration for Meleka Fray based on the design sketches in the back of the graphic novel.

Comment

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6g...ries-pilot_fun

Thought you might want to get a glimpse at the Buffy the Animated Series pilot. It looked really good.

Comment

OP, you can find some, not all, AtS scripts on the unreliable narrator site.

http://unreliablenarrator.net/angel_scripts.asp

.html format, sadly.

As for how they got online, there used to be a site that posted them after episodes aired. Turns out there was someone taking scripts out of the writers' boxes.

I don't have any .pdfs of them, though.

Comment

^Thank you!

Comment

I've got some buffy and angel scripts if your still about original poster.

Comment

Working...
                      X