Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeff Belkin/Zero Gravity info?

Nice. Just curious but thanks for the answers. I guess this dude is pretty fast. I got a read request pretty quickly after I sent the query but I haven't heard back yet.

Comment

i sent him the query and he requested the script in less than 40 min. it's only been a two days, so...
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Wkd reads people. Wkd reads.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
          i sent him the query and he requested the script in less than 40 min. it's only been a two days, so...
          Did he get back to you yet? It will be two weeks for me on Thursday and I haven't heard anything. I know he's got a reputation for being fast but maybe he's swamped right now.

Comment

Probably better on PMs, but my guess is it's sadly "the silent pass." If he requests a lot of stuff too, maybe he's looking for clients or just likes to read stuff, it's even harder to get back to the writers he's not interested in signing as clients...

Also people forget when you're looking but they are busy 99% of time working on behalf of the clients they already have...

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
              Probably better on PMs, but my guess is it's sadly "the silent pass." If he requests a lot of stuff too, maybe he's looking for clients or just likes to read stuff, it's even harder to get back to the writers he's not interested in signing as clients...

Also people forget when you're looking but they are busy 99% of time working on behalf of the clients they already have...
              Good point. Ow. Oh well. Maybe I'll follow up in another couple of weeks for closure if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                Wkd reads people. Wkd reads.
                Yup. And just to point out the obvious: agents/managers/producers/execs work 6 days a week. Probably why they don't want to read our scripts.
                Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

This is what he sent to me when I placed in the Nicholls. I'm guessing he reads a lot of the Nicholls scripts, and it's that time of year again, so he's probably swamped.

"Hi there!

Congrats on your achievement in the 2017 Nicholl Fellowship Competition!

Formerly a producer with Double Nickel Entertainment ("Gran Torino"), I’m a literary manager/producer with Zero Gravity. Representing writers from every major contest, I discovered Nicholl entrants like Belenzon & Gelber (who would go on to become finalists and sell a spec to Lionsgate) and Jon Ethan Boyer (whose script made the 2013 Black List with Gil Netter now producing). I signed entrant Andrew Farotte — whose script "FRANCIS & THE GODFATHER" made the Black List with HBO producing — as well repping one of last year’s winners, Justin Piasecki. Currently, I have over two dozen client projects with the likes of Millennium, Universal, Alcon and many others.

I would love to learn more about you. Has your material already been exposed to the industry? Please also let me know if you’re repped or looking? I'd love to hear about your Fellowship script...as well as the loglines to any others you have.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards...Jeff

Jeff Belkin
                  Zero Gravity Management"

Comment

Originally posted by Strangerthanfiction View Post
                    This is what he sent to me when I placed in the Nicholls. I'm guessing he reads a lot of the Nicholls scripts, and it's that time of year again, so he's probably swamped.

"Hi there!

Formerly a producer with Double Nickel Entertainment ("Gran Torino"), I'm a literary manager/producer with Zero Gravity. Representing writers from every major contest, I discovered Nicholl entrants like Belenzon & Gelber (who would go on to become finalists and sell a spec to Lionsgate) and Jon Ethan Boyer (whose script made the 2013 Black List with Gil Netter now producing). I signed entrant Andrew Farotte - whose script "FRANCIS & THE GODFATHER" made the Black List with HBO producing - as well repping one of last year's winners, Justin Piasecki. Currently, I have over two dozen client projects with the likes of Millennium, Universal, Alcon and many others.

I would love to learn more about you. Has your material already been exposed to the industry? Please also let me know if you're repped or looking? I'd love to hear about your Fellowship script...as well as the loglines to any others you have.

Best regards...Jeff

Jeff Belkin
                    Zero Gravity Management"
                    Nice. What happened after that?

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
                      Nice. What happened after that?
                      He requested several of my scripts, passed on them, but asked me to keep him updated on future projects. He was really friendly and encouraging.

Comment

^Dang. Well at least he responded.

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
                          ^Dang. Well at least he responded.
                          Yeh. The attention was nice while it lasted. Fingers crossed you get a positive outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Strangerthanfiction View Post

"Hi there!

Formerly a producer with Double Nickel Entertainment ("Gran Torino"), I’m a literary manager/producer with Zero Gravity. Representing writers from every major contest, I discovered Nicholl entrants like Belenzon & Gelber (who would go on to become finalists and sell a spec to Lionsgate) and Jon Ethan Boyer (whose script made the 2013 Black List with Gil Netter now producing). I signed entrant Andrew Farotte — whose script "FRANCIS & THE GODFATHER" made the Black List with HBO producing — as well repping one of last year’s winners, Justin Piasecki. Currently, I have over two dozen client projects with the likes of Millennium, Universal, Alcon and many others.

I would love to learn more about you. Has your material already been exposed to the industry? Please also let me know if you’re repped or looking? I'd love to hear about your Fellowship script...as well as the loglines to any others you have.

Best regards...Jeff

Jeff Belkin
                            Zero Gravity Management"
                            HA!

If I received that email my response would have been "TL;DR. Please edit and resend. Thanks!"

LOL crack myself up!
                            Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                              HA!

If I received that email my response would have been "TL;DR. Please edit and resend. Thanks!"

LOL crack myself up!
                              Lol!

Comment

I'm not laughing. Writing is serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X