No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writer signs with WME after Scriptshadow Amateur Friday

Third one yet.

Congrats to Nathan Zoebel, writer of Keeping Time, for signing with WME after his review: http://scriptshadow.blogspot.co.uk/2...ping-time.html

Re: Writer signs with WME after Scriptshadow Amateur Friday

Have you read the script?

Last edited by london89; 10-21-2013, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by london89 View Post
      Have you read the script?

i have. it's very good. funny and creative
      Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-20-2013, 08:29 AM. Reason: fix

Comment

Congrats to the writer and all that -- WME, that's huge!
        Last edited by london89; 03-03-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

I guess someone realized that formatting and typos don't show on the screen.

Comment

Last edited by london89; 10-21-2013, 04:49 AM. Reason: If you don't have anything nice to say...

Comment

Originally posted by london89 View Post
              No they don't, but sub-par story, weak characterization, piss poor dialogue, and total lack of humor (considering it's meant to be a time-travel/comedy) do...

Again, good luck and congrats to the writer.
              Ouch...

Congrats, even though you can't write, your story sucks and you're not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Slondon89 View Post
                No they don't, but sub-par story, weak characterization, piss poor dialogue, and total lack of humor (considering it's meant to be a time-travel/comedy) do...

Again, good luck and congrats to the writer.
                I love that a script gets a nobody signed to the second biggest agency in town, and you speak with confidence about the script's weakness. You opposite of learned today's lesson...

No one cares about formatting unless the formatting makes the script a bad read.

Comment

The dialogue could use work. Sometimes the characters speak in ways that makes them sound a little cartoony and unrealistic.

There's dialogue CLUNKS all over the place.

But when it hits, IT HITS! First time in years I've applauded the last line of dialogue from a hero. Literally. Clapping like an idiot.

It's certainly flawed in places. Takes till the 8th page/minute for the main protag to speak a word. Far too much satirical advert set-ups that need cutting down.

But overall, it was an intelligent script with tough subject to get right (rules of time travel) brilliantly executed. I can see why he was signed.

Maybe not by someone as huge as WME, but he's got all the makings to go pro. Just gotta reign in his cartoon dialogue a shade.

Congrats to him. He's a great writer.

Comment

Congrats to that writer! I don't know anything about the script, but it sounds like maybe they were sold on the high concept, and thought they could in turn sell it. I'm sure there are rewrites to come, by him, and maybe others. Perhaps he just slapped a first draft together for AF, and with notes, he could do much better. Maybe when they met with him, he pitched some more good concepts he was working on. In any event, good for him.

Don't be bitter - Be better!
                    "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Your husband is fvcking ugly... but congrats on the wedding!

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post

Comment

For pete's sake. Congrats to any writer anywhere that gets repped.

I don't want to start a new thread for this, so forgive me for hijacking this one...

Has anyone on DD had their script reviewed by Scriptshadow? If so, did you feel his comments were fair? More importantly, do you think it hurt your chances when you later tried to query the script?

(I'm always too late to the party -- whenever one of the featured scripts ends up getting repped or sold, they are taken down, so I've yet to read one, so I don't know if I agree with his comments/taste or not.)

Comment

That was a joke, Harb.

Husband=script Wedding=writer's success

This is why I don't write comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
                              Just got it. Analogy of the way people are praising. Got it!

Takes me a while but I get there in the end. Ask all my ex-girlfriends.

EDIT: Damn, beat me to it. I wanted to get this post in before I looked like a dumbass that needed the explanation. Oh, well.... I'm hungover! Whadda y'want from me!?

Comment

Working...
                              X