View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 04:58 AM   #94
Madbandit

Default Re: Ghostbusters Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar View Post
I would say hacking and publishing people's personal information on the net without their permission, encouraging a mob of harassers, creating bogus accounts and saying despicable things in their name, threatening violence and death, creates an outlaw authority of its own. And these threats are being held over people's head all the time.

allison rapp, for one. I'm not in that world at all, but I know, through circles, women who are dealing with this kind of ongoing harassment on a constant basis.

I think people ignore it as long as they can. It's bullying, and people reach a point where they HAVE to say something. In the case of a public entity, they HAVE to be out in front, as themselves, to do their job. The level of criticism was unreasonable on this project from the beginning.

What exactly constitutes a concrete death threat to you anyway? Not enough your address is put out on the internets and dozens of anonymous trolls threaten to kill and rape you and your family, your kids? Any knock on the door, any time you go to your car, you're thinking of it.

For someone who purports to be a writer, you're sure having a hard time putting yourself in someone else's shoes.
1) As I said before, I don't approve of those acts, but, to my knowledge, said acts weren't done under the banner of Gamergate.

2) I don't spend my life being on the Internet, which is a collective of information and opiniions. When I go on, I take precautions as much as I can. It's common sense to. No one leaves their front door and windows open when they go to sleep.

3) I don't have to prove my worth as a writer to you.

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore
Madbandit is offline   Reply With Quote