Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in Translation WHISPER

This is probably the wrong forum - I couldn't figure out which would be best. I don't know if people have seen this - or want to - but I just posted a video clip on the Rouge Wave which claims to reveal what Murray whispered to Johansson in LOST IN TRANSLATION. I don't know where else it's posted - probably a lot of places but there you go....

http://www.rougewave.blogspot.com

Julie Gray

Re: Lost in Translation WHISPER

One of my favorite moments in film.

Thank you, Rouge.
    "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

Knowing what was said is like seeing the dead bird under the magician's crushed hat. We don't really want to know what was said, it ruins the magic of the moment.

I prefer to believe the script reads...

EXT. HOTEL - DAY

Amidst the turbulent sea of moving bodies, the two are an island of tranquility and stillness. He leans in close, his lips to her ear, never touching but infinitely connected. His whispered words are only for her. Although we don't know what he says, we can tell it is the most intimate and moment in their lives.

With a lingering look stretched to its heartbreaking limit, she disappears into a waiting cab that whisks her away.

That's all I need.

Comment

Knowing what he said hasn't ruined the magic of that moment for me.

In fact, it has enhanced it.
        "Tone is now engaged in a furious Google search for Leighton Meester's keester." -- A friend of mine

Comment

It didn't bother me either; it is also one of my favorite movie moments. Of course, Ralphy, did you see the comment Jake Hollywood added on the Rouge Wave, lol?

Julie Gray

Comment

So what did he say?
            Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

I can't ruin it!

I have a spoiler alert on the video clip on the Rouge Wave. You know. Just in case.

Julie Gray

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
                So what did he say?
                "this movie sucks"

Comment

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
                  "this movie sucks"
                  Consider comedy, Qaz.

Well, if someone would PM me the mystery dialogue I'd appreciate it. My poor PC is overburdened with enough temp files and cookies.
                  Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Originally posted by La Femme Joyeuse View Post
                    It didn't bother me either; it is also one of my favorite movie moments. Of course, Ralphy, did you see the comment Jake Hollywood added on the Rouge Wave, lol?
                    Yeah. lol!

Comment

Well, I don't know what good authority Jake has that quote from but I have a hard time believing that in such a serious/sad/bittersweet moment in the movie, that Murray could say that and keep a straight face and hold the mood. I don't believe it! I refuse!!

Julie Gray

Comment

Well there ya go - that's what makes a horse race. I loved LOST IN TRANSLATION. Loved it. I liked MARIE ANTOINETTE a lot. What can I say? We can't all agree every single time on what a good movie is comprised of. It is what it is for each individual.

Julie Gray

Comment

I also loved it. Being a filmmaker myself, I know and appreciate all the input cast and crew have on most productions...and how the finished film may only approximate in the slightest how the original screenplay looked. What matters is what is on the screen at the end. It's a collaborative medium. As far as the Oscar goes...we all know that they frequently give the awards to the film/people who don't really deserve them. It's all about honouring those who they feel 'should' be honoured (based on legacy, body of work, political or familial connections)...not necessarily those who deserve it based on their film in that particular year.

Comment

Working...
                          X