Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actors that help

Not sure what section of the forum to put this, but - I was thinking about leads (male and female) that not only can act, but can help turn that light to green... any thoughts?

Re: Actors that help

I was thinking about leads (male and female) that not only can act, but can help turn that light to green... any thoughts?
    For what purpose?
    Blog: http://writinglounge.blogspot.com
    Email: kidcharlemagne108[at]yahoo[dot]co[uk]

"What is your greatest ambition? To become immortal and then die." - Breathless

Comment

Originally posted by boski
      Will Smith.

He's certainly the most popular African American actor working today, undoubtedly.

Comment

Race doesn't even enter into it. Will Smith is popular, period. His box office record speaks for itself and cuts across a huge variety of demographics.

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
          He's certainly the most popular African American actor working today, undoubtedly.
          Denzel and Jamie Foxx beg to differ. Will doesn't have Oscar, you know!

Comment

Those actors with their own production companies can obviously help greenlight projects if they can afford them...Mel Gibson, Reese Witherspoon, etc.

MEL
            I want to make a graphic biblical picture and it'll make 300 million dollars.

STUDIO CHIEF
            Ha!

MEL
            And after that I want to shoot a pic in the jungle only it won't be in English, it'll be in ancient Mayan.

STUDIO CHIEF
            You're on your own, but I warn you, it'll drive you to drinking.

Comment

For lower budget movies, far less famous actors can help get you funding because they help get overseas distribution or whatever.

But I don't know what actors precisely would help in that regard -- if you can talk to producers or distributors they'd be able to give you some names.
              Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

I think Will Smith has taken over Tom Cruise as the actor you could guarantee would give you a big B.O. opening.

Comment

Will Smith is the number one movie star in the world, period.

A question about "what stars will help my movie get made" is kinda tough to answer if no one knows what roles you're trying to cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon Squad View Post
                    Will Smith is the number one movie star in the world, period.

A question about "what stars will help my movie get made" is kinda tough to answer if no one knows what roles you're trying to cast.
                    He is. I just can't get over the fact that I met him in a studio when I was fourthteen with Jeff. He was a rapper! How is he the number one actor in the world and he NEVER planned on acting. Unbelieveable!

Comment

Working...
                    X