Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Bullscript

Anyone have any experience using his service?

Re: No Bullscript

Well, alright...

Comment

Bumping this thread.

Was thinking of consulting with this guy. Anyone have info? Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'll chime in here. I used Danny as a consultant on script a few years ago, and for a "First Act" consult last year. I "knew" him from The Facebook, and I did't know quite what to expect because, well, you never really know what to expect from the limited impressions one gets on social media.

Whatever my expectations were, he exceeded them. I don't recall what service I used, but it was a read with an hour phone call. It was clear that he carefully read the script, and that he had taken detailed notes and prepared for our phone conversation. We went over the notes he'd taken and diverged into various brainstorming ideas. I guess I would say that my social media impression of him was that he was a guy in the industry and that lots of writers spoke highly of him. As our phone conversation unfolded, that impression evolved to being very impressed with him. I found him to be smart and articulate and professional. The script went on to win a Tracking Board Mentorship and a spot on the Nicholl list (I'll say it was pretty good to start with ) but that working with him made it better.

Comment

^^THANK YOU for chiming in! Greatly appreciated. Like a lot of folks on here, I can't afford to screw around (time and money wise) in my search for a reputable reader. May the good karma gods favor you, friend.

Comment

I can't speak for Danny's notes now, but a good friend of mine (who has since passed) used Danny's service some years back and was very pleased with his honest, "brutal" notes. Didn't pull any punches and the notes were constructive and very helpful. I remember my friend said he would use Danny again as he appreciated coverage that was not "gentle" or sugar-coated, but provided constructive criticism with suggestions as well as pointing out the "good stuff."

Two services to also consider is Barb Doyan's Extreme Screenwriting and DD's own TitanCreed. Both extremely helpful and affordable.

Good luck!

Comment

^^ Thank you so much!

Comment

Never used his service but took some of his seminars. Good teacher and knows his stuff. I do know some people who have used his service and did like him.

Comment

I typically get booked 2-3 weeks out. If a client can't wait that long or wants multiple readers, there are a couple of other consultants I'll recommend. Danny at www.nobullscript.net is one of them. Everyone I've sent his way has seemed really happy. He's also struck me as a fundamentally good guy when I met him in person. Hope that helps.
                  NOTES / COVERAGE
                  15,000+ Screenplays
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X