Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Book Of Eli

I really found this movie sort of boring with a bit of flash here and there. I found the twist at the end extremely weak, and Mila Kunis's acting was laughable. Gary Oldman, good as always though.

I'd say mediocre at best.
    Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
    Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

I actually enjoyed this one more than The Road. They're both elegiac, but I thought the human motivations were more convincing in Eli than in The Road.
      Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

We had a very good opening weekend, even knocked Avatar off the top spot on opening day and earned a great A-/B+ CinemaScore from audiences. Thanks to all those who came out to support the film

Comment

you got my 10 bucks!

Comment

Hated it. It couldn't make up it's mind what kind of movie it was. The ending dragged on and on.
            I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Whitta View Post
              A-/B+ CinemaScore from audiences.
              Where the hell do they find those people? It seems they give every movie a B- or better. Even the most violently horrendous pieces of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Whitta View Post
                We had a very good opening weekend, even knocked Avatar off the top spot on opening day and earned a great A-/B+ CinemaScore from audiences. Thanks to all those who came out to support the film
                Great news, congrats.
                Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Definitely congrats. I wasn't the target demographic, but it's very nice that it found it. I didn't read the script, but hopefully it was pretty much what you wrote, what you envisioned. That right there would coolness.
                  "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by stuy View Post
                    Hated it. It couldn't make up it's [sic] mind what kind of movie it was.
                    Ironic considering your sig.
                    ==========

Comment

Mr. Whitta must have been beside himself with excitement when he received the call that Denzel and Oldman had signed on. What a dream cast for any writer, let alone a first-timer!
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      15,000+ Screenplays
                      [email protected]

Comment

Mr. Whitta must have been beside himself with excitement when he received the call that Denzel and Oldman had signed on. What a dream cast for any writer, let alone a first-timer!
                        you got that right. i would have jumped up and down so high i would have broken my neck on the ceiling.

Comment

Saw it. Liked it.
                          "Only nothing is impossible."
                          - Grant Morrison

Comment

Just saw it this morning (10 am) with my wife. Total of eight of us (not bad for the am) in a huge theatre. We liked it a lot. Good story.

When we walked out of the theatre, it was 20 F, bright sun, about a 40 mph wind, a few salt-caked cars in the barren parking lot... felt like we'd just entered Eli's world.

Comment

Originally posted by stvnlra View Post
                              I was under the impression that there was another writer who worked on this-- even tho Gary got sole credit.

Maybe I'm thinking of another movie...

Anybody know for sure?
                              Anthony Peckham.
                              "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Originally posted by stuy View Post
                                Hated it. It couldn't make up it's mind what kind of movie it was. The ending dragged on and on.
                                Wow. I finally saw this in a European theater. Thought the same thing. Luckily for the explosions and gunfights, I had something to wake me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X