Thread: Amazon Studios
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #27
catcon

Default Re: Amazon Studios

Yesterday, I'd checked my profile page:

https://studios.amazon.com/users/(your 5-digit #)

And it was all still there - faves, details, reviews - except for the multitude of projects. So, yep, they're all gone. I highly doubt, however, that they've all been stowed away in secret for future plagiarism. In fact, I'd like to think they do have them somewhere, along with my contact info, and they'll contact me directly if they ever wanted to see my latest. They did retain some of mine for 100+ days, with up to 5 downloads.

Anyway, I'm really, really glad I went through all of my projects in April, after the announcement, and copied out whatever details of my projects that I wanted to save; especially all those "synopses"; in most cases they were a bit shorter than the detailed things I'd already prepared for each of my specs.

Yesterday, I did write them to offer a 'thanks' for the opportunity - no need to burn bridges here - and also reminded them that I post all my screenplays as eBooks on their very own Kindle arm of Amazon.com - including two new ones since April. I also asked them for some direction as to how, exactly, we could pitch them, since I don't believe they'd ever told us explicitly that it would be via Agent, etc.

Here's their response - canned, of course, without any specifics to my questions:

Quote:
Message From Customer Service
Hello,
Thank you for contacting Amazon Studios, I hope this email finds you well.
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are glad that you enjoyed the program. While we will no longer accept new submissions, there are other options.
- Submit videos and scripts to film festivals at Withoutabox.com
- Publish your videos at Prime Video Direct
I hope you have a wonderful day.
To which I say...

Thanks for the Memories
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote