Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead premiere tonight

I can't wait to see it. I'm very interested in where Glen Mazzara takes the show. Last season was hit or miss with Darabont mostly scripting the episodes, and Glen's a more seasoned showrunner so yeah, I'm hoping good things.

Re: The Walking Dead premiere tonight

I think the firing of Darabont and the politics of AMC are going to kill the show.

My prediction, this will be the final season for The Walking Dead.
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

I wouldn't have watched this season if Darabont was still running the show. Last year was disappointing.

But I'm looking forward to seeing how different this year's story will be. Should be better, at least.

Comment

the talking dead - a 1/2 program at midnight talking about the show. no need to podcast.

Comment

But I'm looking forward to seeing how different this year's story will be. Should be better, at least.
          With the budget cuts I'm expecting more talking and less zombies.

Hint to the suits: I'm not watching the Walking Dead for dialog.

Comment

I thought it was good. Plenty of tension, talking, AND gore. Zombies looked good.

ewtaylor

Comment

Credit to Darabont for developing the show and giving Mazzara something to further improve upon. I thought WD has gotten scarier - the zombie run-in on the highway must've lasted fifteen minutes by my count - and the plot more streamlined with slightly less meandering talk. A couple other thoughts: I missed Glen having more lines and that second in command sheriff, his face looks like a penis.

All in all, a much more thrilling premiere episode than last season and I can't wait to see the next episodes.

Comment

I missed the last 10 minutes due to a phone call. Did they find the girl?
                Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

The opener was maybe a strong C+ at best. I'm giving it one more episode to get me, if not, I'm out.

I don't want to waste time on half-ass shows with boring characters. I hate the casting of the show. Worst ever. And the pacing is way off, as always.

The first 3 episodes of last year were really good, then they lost it in the final 3, including the horrible finale. So that's 4 mediocre episodes in a row.

One more episode is all they get...

Comment

IMO, Norman Reedus is the only character really embracing his role.

Comment

I love me some zombies so I enjoyed the first season for what it was.

My problems with The Walking Dead?

The source material (comic) was derivative fanboy slush. A mashup of what I've already seen in countless b-movies and other comics. 28 days and Zombieland at least added something new to the genre.

The story of The Walking Dead can be summed up as it's stupid people doing stupid stuff.

I think most audiences are past the old Hey, the walls of our haunted house are bleeding blood but let's spend the night anyway stories.

The Walking Dead treats its characters and its audience like idiots.

The Walking Dead might be more appropriately titled How Not To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse.

OK, I'm gonna watch the season premiere now.

Go Zombies!

*edit, I'm not even 3 minutes into the show and it's more stupid people doing stupid stuff. The things I'll endure just to get my zombie fix.
                      Last edited by christopher jon; 10-17-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Season one sucked hard. VERY hard. Not even thinking about wasting my time with a second season. I'd see a better display of intelligence at walmart around 3am.

This show honestly has the dumbest, most one-dimensional "characters" ever conceived. It's on par with jersey shore. Beavis and Butthead have more depth. And intelligence!

Comment

Season one sucked hard. VERY hard. Not even thinking about wasting my time with a second season.
                          But you don't like anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                            Season one sucked hard. VERY hard. Not even thinking about wasting my time with a second season.
                            But now we'll miss reading you say how much the show sucks every week!
                            www.cheapskate-a-holic.com Release your inner cheapskate!!

Comment

Originally posted by meemee2000 View Post
                              But now we'll miss reading you say how much the show sucks every week!
                              I think you're being sarcastic but just to make it clear, no we really won't miss it.

Comment

Working...
                              X