Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ScriptFever Writing Exercise

Originally posted by Fortean View Post
    I'll not complete this exercise by the end of February, but I've gotten a lot of work done that'll probably result in a finished screenplay in March or early April, (instead of some wild dream waiting to get written down).
    Methinks that, with time-limited exercises such as these, this is all one can reasonably ask for -- a good solid start with enough momentum to keep rolling. Anything else is a bonus.

I didn't know what to expect, but that was rather pleasant.

Other optional background music for those typing frantically:
    Aram Khachaturian's Sabre Dance
    Rimsky-Korsakov's Flight Of The Bumblebee
    Richard Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries from Die Walküre, the second opera of The Ring tetralogy.
    (My God, the internet can make anyone appear semi-intelligent!)

Comment

Re: Doubler's ScriptFever Writing Exercise (Revisited)

Stuck in the 2nd part of 2nd act hell. Only a few days to go and I am having doubts I will complete in time. But I can hope...

Hope everyone else is doing well. As dp said, if you have momentum to continue, you have already won.
      Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

When is the finish line? Wednesday? I don't know if I can make it.

I've got seventy pages done and the main story is "done".

I just need to go back and finish the subplot.

Anyway, who can I see about an "extension"?

I just need another week or so...

Karen

Comment

Karen,

Take as long as you want. The goal here is to get the creative mind working and pumping out a completed first draft, so you can start the ever important rewrite.

But congrats for how far you have gotten so far. You are almost at the first checkpoint. Keep going...
          Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

Comment

After The ScriptFever Writing Exercise

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
            I didn't know what to expect, but that was rather pleasant.
            Yeah. And, I've burned up half of a day purchasing some copies of that music so as to be able to transcribe it into something that I can use for a film project, after this exercise!

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
            (My God, the internet can make anyone appear semi-intelligent!)
            My head's still spinning, (having delved into a ton of other sheet music being sold by that German website)....

Now, back to writing that screenplay, (with some of my typing music)!
            JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Got distracted by a drawing class i'm taking so didn't get as much done as I'd hoped. Haven't quite reached 70 pgs yet. I've made significant progress during this past month.

I'm working from a fairly detailed outline, but dialogue is still tough for me. Going to keep working on it!

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Devilish ScriptFever Writing Exercise

Working hard to a deadline, (only to discover that one doesn't have the time to finish the job), is a devilish problem.

http://www.resologist.net/Rebikov%27s%20Devils.mid
                JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Close so close. I still need a couple of weeks. Damn, the day job. But I'm at a good place with the script. So I am happy. Good luck to everyone still on the quest. An hour to go...

Comment

I feel like a huge slacker here. I've only got 31 pages to show for Feb. Even with the extra day, I'm still behind.

A rewrite of another script had to take precedence for a week, that and other work has put me behind.

The challenge helped light a fire under my ass. Thanks.

Keep plugging along everyone.
                    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

My final page count came in at 74ish. Since I was jumping around the outline, it's kinda hard to tell where I am in the script. But I was aiming for a tight 100 page script, so I am not too far away.

I swore to myself to have this bad boy completed by Saint Patrick's day so I can be justified celebrating one of the high holy days of drinking with abandon.

Comment

I finished the deadline with 78 pages.

I could have "cheated" 78 pages into more, but I figured why bother?

I will just start the rewrite process now.

I read the thing and it made me laugh and cry (almost) so it's a good start.

Thanks for the kick in the butt, "C"

Comment

I only finished with 50 pages, but more importantly I know where I'm going with it!!!

I wanted to focus on the subtext and I feel like I nailed it...we'll see once some fresh eyes read it!

This actually helped!

Thanks for the motivation Cmmora!

Comment

I'm glad everyone got something out of this exercise. Good luck on the rewrite and when you finish, post a log line here if you feel comfortable.

Comment

This went well. Best of luck to everyone in your rewriting.
                              Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Anyone sold their burning bright scripts yet? Too early? Tigers?
                                Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Working...
                                X