• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Films You've Seen More Then Once?

I didn't know you liked Cannonball Run.

A classic.

http://media.outnow.ch/Movies/Images...vd.film/14.jpg

Whoever played the doctor gave one of the funniest, creepiest performances in history.
    "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
    Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Big Lebowski X 2
      O Brother X 2 (but not exactly on purpose)
      Matrix X 2
      American Beauty X 2
      Requiem for a Dream X 3
      Happiness X 2
      Lost in Translation X 2
      Eternal Sunshine x 2

Usually, it's because I see it by myself and love it and then drag somebody else to see it.
      They cursed us forever, making us prefer dreams to lives.

Comment

Originally posted by billythrilly7
        I didn't know you liked Cannonball Run.

A classic.

http://media.outnow.ch/Movies/Images...vd.film/14.jpg

Whoever played the doctor gave one of the funniest, creepiest performances in history.
        I've never communicated with anyone online in 10 years who made the flesh in my brain actually tear apart the way you do.

Jack Elam, billy.

Comment

I saw Gladiator three times in the main theater, 2 by myself and the third time with my Dad.
          Then I went 2 more times when it was at the dollar theater.

I saw each of the LOTR movies twice because I went once with my husband and then a week later my Mom and Dad would show up for Christmas and we'd go again with Dad.

I went to the dollar theater twice each to see Shark Tale and Madagasgar with my two kids.

I watched Shrek and Shrek 2 several times at the dollar cinima.

Does that count? Does the dollar cinima count?

I saw Revenge of the Sith twice, once at the regular theater and then again at the dollar theater. (Now I have it on DVD and each time I have to watch it the dialog and continuity gets worse and worse.)

When Wallace and Gromit hits the movies 8 I'll be seeing that one again.
          Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
          by BellaBella

Comment

Okay, in the theater (first or second run):

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - 2 times (my excuse is the second time was with a date, his suggestion)

Remains of the Day - 2 times (I found it profoundly affecting the first time, but it didn't hold up upon a repeat viewing)

Disney's Beauty and the Beast - 7 times (no excuse; my sister was a preteen and loved the movie, but I was her willing accomplice who had a drivers license)

About a Boy - 3 times

Adaptation - 2 times

Serenity - 2 times (again, second time with a date, but this time it was my suggestion)

At home on DVD or video I've got a few I've watched multiple times, but those don't count in this thread.
            Last edited by Ravenlocks; 11-05-2005, 07:12 PM. Reason: Forgot one.
            "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
            ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy Lime
              How about first run? Did you really see Star Wars 27 times during the 1st run?
              Yep. I went bonkers. It was the story (now that I know about Joseph Campbell, I know now why it appealed to me), the characters, even the mostly banal dialogue had its moments. At one point, I could recite every line in the film without missing a beat.

The only other movie that grabbed me in quite the same way before then was The Three Musketeers.

I like seeing a film more than once. The more often I see a film (especially one I really enjoyed), the more I see in the film; little things I missed the first time 'round. (Though I have never found the C-3P0 and R2D2 hieroglyphics in Raiders. I'm beginning to think somebody was funnin' me on that score.)

Oh, I forgot one: Buckeroo Banzai.

Comment

Originally posted by TDWoj
                Star Wars 27 times at the theatre? Me too!

For me: The Three Musketeers (Richard Lester, 1973), 9 times
                Star Wars, 27 times
                Empire Strikes Back, 5 times
                Phantom Menace, 11 times (shame on me!)
                Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (lost count)
                Karate Kid, 3 times

Yeah, I was lucky. My sister worked in a movie theater on Parthenia, near Nordhoff or somewhere like that in Canoga Park. I got in for free most of the time, but not all.

But yeah, I did see Star Wars that many times. I also saw Grease like 11 times, and Animal House over 10 times. Oh, I also saw Smokey and Bandit probably about 20 times.

That was obviously when I was a kid though. It would take a really good and sublime film to make me shell out the dough to see it multiple times. The Matrix (as I mentioned) was one. Memento was another, now that I think about it. Saw it about 4 times.

Comment

How about first run? Did you really see Star Wars 27 times during the 1st run?

My list:

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 7
                  Sideways - 5
                  Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 3
                  Napoleon Dynamite - 3
                  The Aviator - 2

Probably many, many others, but those are the ones that spring to mind (4 from last year when I was a secret shopper for UA)

Hairy, yeah... my Star Wars thing was all first run. It got to the point where I knew every line of dialogue, and even had the timing down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by le kilt
                    I knew somebody who went to "Tommy" twenty-five times. And no, he wasn't deaf, dumb, and blind.
                    wow, that opens up a whole 'nother can of worms, because in San Diego, on Adams avenue, is the Kent Theater. Arthouse place, and back when I was in High School (1980-83) every Friday and Saturday night they would show rock films and stuff. Double features. We'd all go and sit in the back row, smoking dope. Hell, the whole theater was high, smoking dope and tripping.

I guess I saw Tommy about 20+ times, The Wall 10 times, The Kids Are Alright 20+, The Song Remains The Same 50 times, Concert for Bangledesh 30+ times, The Last Waltz, Woodstock, Quadraphenia, etc, etc, etc...

And definitely Jesus Christ Superstar, man. On acid, that movie was even more awesome than it was. Now I know it's dated, but back then, it was incredible. Wow, memories.

Comment

Originally posted by TDWoj

The only other movie that grabbed me in quite the same way before then was The Three Musketeers.

Yes, Lester's The Three Musketeers is awesomeness. I own both the three and four musketeers, and just watched both yesterday.

Man, sitting there, in that theater, I so wished I could be as cool as Oliver Reed was as Athos. That made me go out and buy the game "En Guarde!", a role playing game that takes place during the musketeers time period.

Still have it. One of the few things left I have from my childhood.

Comment

lol, can you tell I think this is a fun thread?

Comment

Forgot about Lost in Translation. Saw that 3 or 4 times.
                          http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

I saw many, many films twice (The Matrix, Rushmore, Forrest Gump, Terminator 2, etc.) but there are only a handful I've seen multiple times:

Jurassic Park - 4 times
                            Twister - 3 times
                            Titanic - 3 times

Comment

Forgot about Lost in Translation. Saw that 3 or 4 times.
                              Maybe that's the movie that will ultimately bring us together.
                              "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
                              Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Originally posted by billythrilly7
                                Maybe that's the movie that will ultimately bring us together.
                                Well, it's a great film. I never saw it in the theater, but I rented it, then ran out and bought it, and watch it quite frequently.

Comment

Working...
                                X