X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Passion of the Christ *Definitive Edition*

Originally posted by haunted View Post
    I don't get it. This thread doesn't seem to be a religious thread, let alone a problem.
    Nothing I posted with my hairy palms has anything vaguely to do with "religon."

Comment

Is this a democracy or a dictatorship?

If the former, I motion to change the rules to allow more leniency towards threads about religious films. This is the genre I write in afterall so naturally I'm going to be interested in talking about similar films. I know that there's a handful of others in the same boat as me as well.

Comment

they should have pictures of all the rainforest they deforested to rear the mccattle.
        The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Is this a democracy or a dictatorship?
          It's a benevolent dictatorship, which is better than the hurt and mayhem that would transpire if some of the people here were handed democracy to **** over.

Sad as that is.

I motion to change the rules to allow more leniency towards threads about religious films.
          It's a discussion many have had, and we probably all can guess (well, far be it from me to speak for the Mods, whadda ai knowbouddit ...?) the Moderatti position on it.

My lament (which is obviously several rungs beneath a complaint, but birds gotta sing, fish gotta swim etc) is simply that cheap insulting anti-religion shots are ALLOWED, and then when they're RESPONDED to ...

The blame falls on the "religious thread" and NOT on the people who threw "cheap insults" in the first place.

Leashing the topic (but as we see, not really silencing it, within reason) seems easier than hanging the guilty blackhats from a tree, kimosabe.

Just like financing and producing movies that risk "stirring people up" (y'know, challenging them) is scary for a Hollywood that enjoys playing it safe. We may not agree on much ... but if we both have a calling to explore religious themes thru Film ... we can agree that we walk a "hard road" (is that the Peyote Cult phrase? "The Peyote is a hard road" ???)

Pebble in our shoe, then, and walk on. No reason to expect it should be less difficult HERE ...

Sad as that is.
          sigpic
          "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
          that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
          -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Ah yes, the perpetual thorn. If it must stay then let it stay. Afterall, Jacob did not become Israel without a limp.

Comment

Originally posted by tabula rasa View Post
              It's a benevolent dictatorship, which is better than the hurt and mayhem that would transpire if some of the people here were handed democracy to **** over.

Sad as that is.

It's a discussion many have had, and we probably all can guess (well, far be it from me to speak for the Mods, whadda ai knowbouddit ...?) the Moderatti position on it.

My lament (which is obviously several rungs beneath a complaint, but birds gotta sing, fish gotta swim etc) is simply that cheap insulting anti-religion shots are ALLOWED, and then when they're RESPONDED to ...

The blame falls on the "religious thread" and NOT on the people who threw "cheap insults" in the first place.

Leashing the topic (but as we see, not really silencing it, within reason) seems easier than hanging the guilty blackhats from a tree, kimosabe.

Just like financing and producing movies that risk "stirring people up" (y'know, challenging them) is scary for a Hollywood that enjoys playing it safe. We may not agree on much ... but if we both have a calling to explore religious themes thru Film ... we can agree that we walk a "hard road" (is that the Peyote Cult phrase? "The Peyote is a hard road" ???)

Pebble in our shoe, then, and walk on. No reason to expect it should be less difficult HERE ...

Sad as that is.
              Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by tabula rasa View Post
                Oh, would you even give it the undeserved honour...

Tab, are you actually from a country that spells "honor" this way, or are you just pretentious?

I've always wondered...

Comment

Originally posted by Marine66 View Post
                  Huh?
                  Don't worry, you're not meant to understand it. It's only for the spiritually discerning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimny Wayne View Post
                    Don't worry, you're not meant to understand it. It's only for the spiritually discerning.
                    Marines had their own version of 23rd Psalm:

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fvcker in the valley."

Does that count?
                    Last edited by Marine66; 12-16-2006, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Well Marines may indeed be bad asses as you say, but King David was even more of a bad ass and to even look at God would have killed him, so no....it doesn't count.

Comment

Well Marines may indeed be bad asses as you say, but King David was even more of a bad ass and to even look at God would have killed him, so no....it doesn't count.
                        How bout, while holding your rifle in one hand and your crotch in the other:

This is my rifle
                        And this is my gun
                        My rifle's for killing
                        My gun is for fun

I think God really got a kick out of that one.

Comment

David used his gun for some fun with Bathsheeba and as a result her husband was murdered and the son Bathsheeba and Davd had died. You can draw your own conclusions.

Comment

And admiring an extremely hateful anti-semitic alcoholic is being "spiritually discerning"?

Uh, okay.

Comment

You don't suppose it's possible to admire things someone has done without agreeing with everything they may or may not believe do you?

Comment

David used his gun for some fun with Bathsheeba and as a result her husband was murdered and the son Bathsheeba and Davd had died. You can draw your own conclusions.
                                Did Bathsheeba ever go by the name of Tina and hang out at a bar outside of Camp Pendleton? I think I met her.

Comment

Working...
                                X