Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brittany Murphy Dead

My friend had a heart attack at 19 due to a pre-existing condition that no one knew about. He survived, but not without serious brain damage. Heart attacks at a young age are rare, but they happen.

My best to Brittany's family and friends.
    QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

this sucks and could be caused by anything. better to wait for the official report than assume...even though i must admit my first thought when hearing it was either drugs or an eating disorder which is known to weaken the heart as well as cause other issues.
      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
        32 is still incredibly young.

Definitely sucks.
        I agree.. Tragic..

I actually thought she was a good actress.. she was very beautiful too..

So sad...

Comment

As if dying young is not enough, she died at Christmas (the Holidays). That's gotta be terrible for her husband, friends & family...
          Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Absolutely shocking and tragic. RIP Ms Murphy.

Comment

Sad.

Somehow I think this death is a warning for someone... or maybe many.
              "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
              -Maya Angelou

Comment

This is really sad. She always interested me more than the rest of the crop of actors who came out around the same time. I could never put my finger on it - something about her face, or maybe her comic abilities, but she seemed to stand out from the group.
                she did have a quirk about her; not your run of the mill.

32 is ABSOLUTELY too young for anybody.

Comment

What also sucks is now the investigation begins. The formal one and the informal one conducted by the tabloid rags for the court of public opinion.

I know it is par for the course for public figures, but I would hate to hear she was unhappy, in a lot of pain (emotionally, physically) and other gory details that are frankly, no one's business other than that of her and her husband.
                  Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Originally posted by Knaight View Post
                    My friend had a heart attack at 19 due to a pre-existing condition that no one knew about. He survived, but not without serious brain damage. Heart attacks at a young age are rare, but they happen.

My best to Brittany's family and friends.

I had a female friend in high school who had a pace-maker at the age of 15. Her senior year she fell while skiing...dislodged a wire, heart went irregular and she was oxygen-deprived for too long. She was forever like a three year old after that, did not remember anyone or anything, really damaged.

Stuff happens...it's not always common, but it happens to somebody out there.

R.O.T.

Comment

Considering she had just been fired from a movie and had well-known problems of the substance abuse sort, her death is less a surprise to those of us who've had recent encounters with her. While everyone's discussion of sudden and unexpected cardiac arrest is thoughtfully respectful, it seems quite unlikely to me that this didn't have something to do with her own personal demons. When I mentioned her for a role, my casting director suggested I look elsewhere.

Doesn't quite matter one way or another, I suppose; either way, it's deeply tragic. The shouting down of people here discussing the possibility of her drug abuse playing a role in her death seems a little too self-righteous, though.

Comment

Horrible news. She was so adorable.
                        Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Originally posted by jcgary View Post
                          either way, it's deeply tragic.

Yes, indeed.

Comment

Really sad. My uncle had a near-fatal heart attack before 40, it's definitely possible. Too bad most people just assume drugs. Who knows if she had done them or was doing them at the time, but if she had a heart attack in the shower at 8 AM she was probably just getting ready for her day. RIP Brittany Murphy.

Comment

The first gig I saw her was a thug hijacking a subway train on a "Nash Bridges" ep, and I loved her as Luanne on "King of the Hill". We've both just turned 32 in November (she on the 16th, the 23rd for me). What a under-rated talent that's been lost.
                              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by jcgary View Post
                                Considering she had just been fired from a movie and had well-known problems of the substance abuse sort, her death is less a surprise to those of us who've had recent encounters with her. While everyone's discussion of sudden and unexpected cardiac arrest is thoughtfully respectful, it seems quite unlikely to me that this didn't have something to do with her own personal demons. When I mentioned her for a role, my casting director suggested I look elsewhere.

Doesn't quite matter one way or another, I suppose; either way, it's deeply tragic. The shouting down of people here discussing the possibility of her drug abuse playing a role in her death seems a little too self-righteous, though.
                                Still, the facts aren't out yet. Let's have a "wait and see" approach.
                                "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
                                X