No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Film: The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete

Hey everyone,

As a long time lurker who has learned plenty from these forums, I'm hoping that it's okay for me to post the trailer for my film "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete" here. It's a small film that could use all the help it can get.

It'll have a limited release October 11th and if it does well, maybe more theaters will pick it up. If you like it, please tell a friend or two .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RsnZF6-cUY
    @StarrburyMike

Re: My Film: The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete

It looks good. I'll be watchin' it.
    Story Structure 1
    Story Structure 2
    Story Structure 3

Comment

Seems like a winner to me. Hope I can check it out someday but good luck in the meantime.

Comment

Looks amazing! Is it going to be released on dvd? That's probably the only way I'll get to see it (unfortunately, even if it gets limited release here in Oz that usually translates to one showing, in one cinema, in one of the major cities down south)

Best of luck! Hope you have much success.
        "Writing is easy. All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead"... Gene Fowler

Comment

I'm all over that, TBBB. It looks great!

Comment

Thanks everyone.

There's a perception from the powers that be that films with black people in the lead roles don't do well overseas. Obviously I would love to see that proven wrong, but I'm not sure what Lionsgate is thinking on that.
            @StarrburyMike

Comment

A small film? With Wright, Mackie and Hudson??

It looks excellent and have been tracking it over at Shadow & Act. I hope it gets over to the UK and well done.

Comment

Originally posted by miktal-1 View Post
                A small film? With Wright, Mackie and Hudson??

It looks excellent and have been tracking it over at Shadow & Act. I hope it gets over to the UK and well done.
                Cool. I'm not sure what tracking it at Shadow & Act means exactly. Is there a link talking about the movie/script over there?

And believe me, it's small. We shot it in 25 days with very little money. That's 25 days with KIDS. Definitely learned my lesson about that.

EDIT: Oh, my bad. I got Shadow and Act confused with Script Shadow. Yeah, Shadow and Act has been very good to us.
                @StarrburyMike

Comment

Awesome. Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBangBangBoogie View Post
                    Cool. I'm not sure what tracking it at Shadow & Act means exactly. Is there a link talking about the movie/script over there?

And believe me, it's small. We shot it in 25 days with very little money. That's 25 days with KIDS. Definitely learned my lesson about that.

EDIT: Oh, my bad. I got Shadow and Act confused with Script Shadow. Yeah, Shadow and Act has been very good to us.
                    Can I ask how you managed to attract such well known names to the project? Was it simply based on the strength of your script?

When we shot our film we had a check list of no-nos. NO KIDS was top of the list!!

Comment

This looks amazing. Hope to get a chance to see it someday.
                      "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                      ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Wow. Awesome.Great cast. And Skylan is a commanding scene stealer. I love the shot of his eyes peering from behind the closet shelf. Loaded with layers.

I hope I can see it in my podunk market. Kudos!
                        Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

I recommend watching this movie as soon as you can. I saw it at Sundance in January, and it has real heart and some incredible performances. Also, the screenplay isn't a total embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by keithcalder View Post
                            I recommend watching this movie as soon as you can. I saw it at Sundance in January, and it has real heart and some incredible performances. Also, the screenplay isn't a total embarrassment.
                            There you have it, folks. Eleanor's brother has spoken.
                            @StarrburyMike

Comment

Originally posted by miktal-1 View Post
                              Can I ask how you managed to attract such well known names to the project? Was it simply based on the strength of your script?

When we shot our film we had a check list of no-nos. NO KIDS was top of the list!!
                              We got the cast based on George's relationships.
                              @StarrburyMike

Comment

Working...
                              X