Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query email response time

Does anyone know the typical response time for a query email sent to Circle of Confusion and Madhouse Entertainment? Thanks.
    Manager Tracker: Keeping track of what scripts managers are reading in Hollywood. http://www.managertracker.com

Re: Query email response time

It really depends on the rep. but when I queried Ken Freimann he responded to the initial query in 4 hours and got back after reading in 4 weeks.

Comment

In general (although I'm sure there are stories to the contrary), people respond to queries the day of, if not within the hour.

If you don't hear back by the end of the day, you probably won't hear back at all.

Comment

Whenever I have gotten a response, It's been within forty-eight hours of sending the query. I've never had an experience where someone has reached out to me a month, or months, afterwards.

If you don't hear back anything within a day or two, consider it a pass and move along.

You can try following up with everyone after two weeks; experience tells me this is a waste of your time.
        "...it is the thousandth forgetting of a dream dreamt a thousand times and forgotten a thousand times."
        --Franz Kafka "Investigations Of A Dog"

Comment

I once got an email response to a query - a pass - something like six months after I sent it.

I generally assume that if they don't get back to me within a week, that it's either a pass or it got lost in the avalanche of email that rep typically deal with. (No, the fact that it might be the latter doesn't justify re-querying).

Ryan, at madhouse, generally got back to me - if he was going to get back to me - within a couple of days. Don't know about anyone else there. But by and large, rep deal with so many emails a day that if they don't respond shortly, it's a safe bet that they either a pass or they simply forgot about it.

Comment

Send and forget.

It will eat you alive worrying about that ****.

Comment

If I haven't heard back within 24 hours (next business day), it's usually the end of it. I've had maybe half a dozen exceptions, but all of them apologised for not getting back to me and and said thanks, but no thanks.

Circle of Confusion, for instance, responded within the hour, though I'm sure that was lucky timing. I actually met with them and we worked on an idea for a while before they passed.
              TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

These days it's super quick if they want a read. But truly worrying about it isn't going to change it. Most of my "please send" ranged from 10 seconds to 2 hours from sending it. Maybe 1 or 2 where a day or so later. 99% are super quick as it's email land.

Comment

Yeah, I would say it's 99% safe to say that after 48hrs your query is dead (IMO).

EJ

Comment

Thanks for responding, guys.
                    Manager Tracker: Keeping track of what scripts managers are reading in Hollywood. http://www.managertracker.com

Comment

Working...
                    X