Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.B. Fischer

great podcasts on Scripts & Scribes. two of them.

looking for his current email at Literate. i have the shumanco one and it seems to have gone through. don't know if it's active, tho...
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Ab Fischer

He left Shuman a while ago. And he's primarily TV, FYI.

PM sent.

Comment

Re: A.B. Fischer

thank you, docgonzo. very grateful.

they represent writers the way writers should be repped. their clients are lucky to have AB and Dennis advocating on their behalf.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post

they represent writers the way writers should be repped. their clients are lucky to have AB and Dennis advocating on their behalf.
        My pleasure.

Comment

That must have been 1 hell of a podcast!

I will say in my skeptic kind of way, everyone sounds good when they promote themselves and their brand in public.

It. Only. Matters. How. They. Treat. You.

(Former client of one of those places that does tons of business and people love them and we got treated poorly...)

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
            That must have been 1 hell of a podcast!

I will say in my skeptic kind of way, everyone sounds good when they promote themselves and their brand in public.

It. Only. Matters. How. They. Treat. You.

(Former client of one of those places that does tons of business and people love them and we got treated poorly...)
            actually, reputation matters. at least it does to me.

they are client centric. they refuse to produce. the look for new voices and seem to work very hard for their clients. their new company is about 18 months old, i believe.

i appreciate integrity and honesty. they seem to have strong characters. they are known as "one of the good guys," as Kevin says in the interview.

when i listen to a podcast and the manager says, "don't send me a bad query because i'll send it to all my friends and make fun of it." that's not the kind of manager i want.

one of AB's clients is Lisa Takeuchi Cullen who just penned an overall deal with Universal. i follow her on twitter. i like her. i respect her opinions.

he also states that he doesn't respond to queries (deletes them) and only goes by referral, and since i don't know anyone who would refer me to him, i would regret it if i didn't even try. even though my chances are less than nil.

i would also offer, that just because your experience with "one of those places" was less than ideal, that doesn't mean there aren't other companies who have earned their reputation. their model is quality, over quantity, but they want writers who want to do well. and if you're solely basing your business plan on commission, you need a steady flow of quality material.

one of the things i respect, is that if your work isn't up to par of your last spec, they won't send it out until it is-- that's the kind of manager i want.

anyway, one person's two cents.

FA4

Comment

Good luck with your contact!

I hate to reiterate, but I don't see how linking to your website can help you with Hollywood folks, unless it's a website NOT about writing.

Example: I link to my website in my emails in my sig, but if you click on it, it'll take you to my fiilmscore website. A couple people have said "Oh, sh!t you write music too? I listened to some of it, it's pretty fukkin awesome! How does that work, how are able to write music at a high level AND screenwriting?" To which I say "All art comes from the same creative muscle." It's been a convo starter a few times.

My point is: the ones who bothered to click, and bothered to bring it up found it ironic. A screenwriter's website isn't really ironic. I almost feel like that's for AFTER you're a famous screenwriter (Think: John August).

With a newer screenwriter website I don't really get the point. I clicked it, looks good, nice layout etc. But, it feels (for me) like you give them far too many reasons to pass. Just my opinion. Has anyone reached out to you through it? Seems like it'd make more sense on the indie level. I think part of the intrigue when Hollywood types read a script they love is "I gotta meet this person and learn more about them... I'm super curious who's gonna walk in the room (what they look like/present like etc.) and learn what else they have going on." I'd just hate to see you get passed on based on NOT THE SCRIPT IN FRONT OF THEM that they really liked.

Question: Have you been repped before, I forget?
              Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                Good luck with your contact!

I hate to reiterate, but I don't see how linking to your website can help you with Hollywood folks, unless it's a website NOT about writing.

Example: I link to my website in my emails in my sig, but if you click on it, it'll take you to my fiilmscore website. A couple people have said "Oh, sh!t you write music too? I listened to some of it, it's pretty fukkin awesome! How does that work, how are able to write music at a high level AND screenwriting?" To which I say "All art comes from the same creative muscle." It's been a convo starter a few times.

My point is: the ones who bothered to click, and bothered to bring it up found it ironic. A screenwriter's website isn't really ironic. I almost feel like that's for AFTER you're a famous screenwriter (Think: John August).

With a newer screenwriter website I don't really get the point. I clicked it, looks good, nice layout etc. But, it feels (for me) like you give them far too many reasons to pass. Just my opinion. Has anyone reached out to you through it? Seems like it'd make more sense on the indie level. I think part of the intrigue when Hollywood types read a script they love is "I gotta meet this person and learn more about them... I'm super curious who's gonna walk in the room (what they look like/present like etc.) and learn what else they have going on." I'd just hate to see you get passed on based on NOT THE SCRIPT IN FRONT OF THEM that they really liked.

Question: Have you been repped before, I forget?
                are you speaking to me, GucciGhostXXX?

if you are, here's the thing.

what i do with my website and my signature on my emails is my business, not yours. what you do with your website and the way you handle your media is your business.

i certainly wouldn't criticize you for making a choice on how you market yourself. you have your way. i have my way. they don't have to be the same.i gave your comment due consideration.

now, you're entitled to your opinion, and i respect that, i do, but i heard you the first time.

you and others, have made your point. certainly no reason to continue to "reiterate it AGAIN."

and i honestly don't appreciate your judgemental tone, that i should wait until i'm "famous," to create a marketing tool that you approve of.

and yes, people have reached out to me on my website. yes, i was reppped. yes, i've had option offers. i've also been told by industry pros that more writers should do it.

can we move on now? because your "reiteration" is sounding more like a broken record.

Comment

are you speaking to me, GucciGhostXXX?

if you are, here's the thing.

what i do with my website and my signature on my emails is my business, not yours. what you do with your website and the way you handle your media is your business.

i certainly wouldn't criticize you for making a choice on how you market yourself. you have your way. i have my way. they don't have to be the same.i gave your comment due consideration.

now, you're entitled to your opinion, and i respect that, i do, but i heard you the first time.

you and others, have made your point. certainly no reason to continue to "reiterate it AGAIN."

and i honestly don't appreciate your judgemental tone, that i should wait until i'm "famous," to create a marketing tool that you approve of.

and yes, people have reached out to me on my website. yes, i was reppped. yes, i've had option offers. i've also been told by industry pros that more writers should do it.

can we move on now? because your "reiteration" is sounding more like a broken record.

Thumbs up! Sorry to offend, not my intent. Yup, we all have our own way...

But, no, wasn't intending to judge nor demean. Hope it all works out.

Good luck!

-MOVING ON-
                  Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

this isn't important anymore, i give up
                    Last edited by Bono; 08-04-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

actually, reputation matters. at least it does to me.

they are client centric. they refuse to produce. the look for new voices and seem to work very hard for their clients. their new company is about 18 months old, i believe.

i appreciate integrity and honesty. they seem to have strong characters. they are known as "one of the good guys," as Kevin says in the interview.

when i listen to a podcast and the manager says, "don't send me a bad query because i'll send it to all my friends and make fun of it." that's not the kind of manager i want.

one of AB's clients is Lisa Takeuchi Cullen who just penned an overall deal with Universal. i follow her on twitter. i like her. i respect her opinions.

he also states that he doesn't respond to queries (deletes them) and only goes by referral, and since i don't know anyone who would refer me to him, i would regret it if i didn't even try. even though my chances are less than nil.

i would also offer, that just because your experience with "one of those places" was less than ideal, that doesn't mean there aren't other companies who have earned their reputation. their model is quality, over quantity, but they want writers who want to do well. and if you're solely basing your business plan on commission, you need a steady flow of quality material.

one of the things i respect, is that if your work isn't up to par of your last spec, they won't send it out until it is-- that's the kind of manager i want.

anyway, one person's two cents.

FA4

You missed my point entirely. That's okay. I tried. I'm glad you're excited and you know I'm rooting for you. And most writers. Except _____ on this board. (just kidding but if you filled in your own name, think about that!)

Comment

i'm sorry, are you really comparing my website signature to Dana, the naked film maker? who has no talent and no skills according to you?a girl who must have been all of what, 21?

maybe you could tell another story and not make it about being a woman? a naked woman? an inexperienced woman? a delusional woman? and suggesting that if someone looks at my website i'm going to remind them of some crazy college girl they once knew?

seriously, you know i love ya, man, but did you never take sensitivity training?(aka sexual harassment) lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                          You missed my point entirely. That's okay. I tried. I'm glad you're excited and you know I'm rooting for you. And most writers. Except _____ on this board. (just kidding but if you filled in your own name, think about that!)
                          i understood your point fine. we're good. he'll never read the query, so it's a moot point.

Comment

i'm a fat nothing, i give up again.
                            Last edited by Bono; 08-04-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

i understood your point fine. we're good. he'll never read the query, so it's a moot point.
                              I don't think so, Tim -- but okay!

Now to be positive you can't get rejected unless you send the query! If you send the query they may say yes!

You can tell me the good news one day when we meet up and you kick me in the balls. Just have to get in line behind my wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X