https://screencraft.org/2019/08/12/2...r-should-read/

Comment

Re: I did it my wayyyyyyyy

Awesome link. Vango is killing it.

Comment

Yup... But just remember.

Some of these are OLD...

Your bible should have pictures (rad ones) on nearly EVERY page. And photoshop them to taste. I hella photoshop my bibles so that the image is EXACTLY what I want. And if I can't find an image that works I take the shot myself, then photoshop that (can provide an example if anyone cares).

THE WIRE bible (while awesome) is what, 86-ish pages of dense text. You can't get away with that now. NOT RECOMMENDED!

My current bible is WAY too long at 40 pages. I get it. But, willing to take the risk. The only reason this bible is that long is because it's based on my life. I know how the story ends, so I lay out 5 seasons instead of doing the typical "Season 2 and beyond." Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend doing that. My previous bible was 28 pages and that's kinda pushing it. Aim for around 20 pages, generally. IMO.
        Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Actually, fukk it. Here...

https://imgur.com/a/sZtXr5d

1) Took the shot myself. Because I couldn't find what I wanted. That's my chick acting as my mom. Added the rain afterwords. Made a sunny day look rainy (do that that sh!t). BTW - I did it guerilla style. Bought some flowers and took a ladder to the cemetary for a high angle shot "okay, quick, lay down, put your arm like this!" CLICK CLICK CLICK. Cool got the shot. Dude pulls up "Excuse me, do you have a permit?" Dude, we already got the shot, chill bruh! HA!

2) The jet was originally blue sky, photoshopped it to be blood red skies. Changed the sky to match what I wanted.

3) The original pic had no money or coke on the ground. Added it.

POINT: Make your sh!t look cool! Make it fit the story EXACTLY!
          Last edited by GucciGhostXXX; 09-02-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I made some cool reality TV pitches with tons of great artwork -- never helped. The show we got on the air (1 episode) was 1/2 page word document. So just saying....

I know directors have to make LOOK BOOKS which makes 100% sense to need visuals. But being writers, I don't think artwork is going to help sell the show. Not going to hurt -- i'm just saying -- you're not putting pictures in the script you're sending them? Right?

I've written TV bibles -- just words. Maybe not as in depth as you have gone for sure.

Some of these old ones still seem pretty solid.

What I'm trying to say is you could make the most amazing bibles, but the words and story are what matter not the cool graphics.

Half the time this town isn't even paying attention.

Every time I hear about writing up these bibles for people, I'm thinking as short as possible. They don't want to read too much. I think most of the time they just want to know other ideas for episodes and character breakdowns.

I'm talking out of my fat ass -- but that's my perspective as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
              Actually, fukk it. Here...

https://imgur.com/a/sZtXr5d

1) Took the shot myself. Because I couldn't find what I wanted. That's my chick acting as my mom. Added the rain afterwords. Made a sunny day look rainy (do that that sh!t). BTW - I did it guerilla style. Bought some flowers and took a ladder to the cemetary for a high angle shot "okay, quick, lay down, put your arm like this!" CLICK CLICK CLICK. Cool got the shot. Dude pulls up "Excuse me, do you have a permit?" Dude, we already got the shot, chill bruh! HA!

cool shot, but I find that block of text distracting as all Fukkk.

2) The jet was originally blue sky, photoshopped it to be blood red skies. Changed the sky to match what I wanted.

Great shot, but why is the III not on the other side of the plane? That's where I want to move it!

3) The original pic had no money or coke on the ground. Added it.

I don't know why you killed someone to get that shot, but it looks mad cool.

POINT: Make your sh!t look cool! Make it fit the story EXACTLY!

I dont know why I'm giving you notes you didn't ask for. It just came out and I feel no shame!!!!

I feel shame.

Comment

POINT IS: Don't listen to my advice. I'm dead serious.

The only show I've sold had ZERO bible. The other show I attached a huge producer to had ZERO bible.

Hence... nah, don't listen to my advice. The more work I do, the less progress I make. I have pretty pictures, yes, but this sh!t hasn't sold. So....?

Maybe someone else has figured out how this all works. I super don't GET IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

I dont know why I'm giving you notes you didn't ask for. It just came out and I feel no shame!!!!

I feel shame.
                  Ha! You liked 1 shot. Which means you didn't hate all of it. LOL

If you pay me I'll change anything you want! HA!

Comment

And I was lying to make you feel better! Isn't this business terrible?

But exactly, there are no rules. None of it makes sense. But I do believe the concept and the actual words in the TV Pilot are important.

I assume your TV show is a musical comedy take off on Breaking Bad? That's just a fun guess!

Comment

And I was lying to make you feel better! Isn't this business terrible?

But exactly, there are no rules. None of it makes sense. But I do believe the concept and the actual words in the TV Pilot are important.

I assume your TV show is a musical comedy take off on Breaking Bad? That's just a fun guess!
                      Dude... BINGO! Exactly the concept.

Comment

Is this out now by the way?

Comment

Is this out now by the way?
                          Yup it's out right now. Slooooow going.

Comment