We have a news - new version released today! KIT Scenarist 0.7.1 beta 1 is ready for use!
So, what's new!?
First, cards module was fully rewritten. Why do I decide to do that? because first was bad. I wanted to take other finished open source diagram editor, polish it and integrate it to Scenarist, but is was not very good... The editor itself contained a large number of errors, which were opened not at once, and, frankly, just do something great, super versatile failed. Well, we are not accustomed to give up - I thought, thought and decided that we should start with the bare minimum, gradually developing it. So I rewrote the editor of cards. Now it allows you to simply lay out the cards in sequence, grouping them into acts. When this functionality will work perfectly, I will expand it, of course, if it will be needed. https://kitscenarist.ru/assets/image.../new-cards.png
Secondly, the characters and locations have moved to the research module. Now they can do all the same as before plus we added the ability to add to each character any number of any research item by grouping them as needed. And with this release, the characters and locations can be reordered way you want, for example, that the main characters were the first, and you do not have to find them among the rest.
Well and thirdly a number of other, smaller improvements:
• added Ukrainian and German translations of the program;
• groups of scenes fully removed from the program. Now for the scenes grouping, you can only use the folders. Groups of scenes in the old projects will be converted to folders;
• changed the dialogue of adding new projects, and now when creating a new project, you can specify the file to be imported;
• in Mac OS X can now open multiple copies of the application, you needs to open the context menu icon in the Dock and choose "New Window" menu item;
• fixes bugs related to grouping/moving scenes and folders;
• fixed an issue with using the special characters in the title scenes;
• now the program will allow you to open projects from newer versions in the compatibility mode;
• fixed a problem with the infinite duplicating of the description of the first scene;
• as well as minor changes in user interface.
Well, as usual, in view of the fact that this is a beta, do not forget to save a copy of the working draft, in the event that it was possible to revert to a previous version.
So far, in the future plans to develop card to a good level. Make it so that they were easy to use. In a parallel development run mobile versions of software for Android and iOS.
P.S. By the way, we started twitter! If you want to get the news out there, here we are - https://twitter.com/kitscenarist!
P.P.S. And yet, we have to actively use GitHub for tracking tasks and errors detected, if you are want to look at our inner kitchen, you can do so here - https://github.com/dimkanovikov/KITScenarist/issues. Anyway, you can report errors directly there, and when the error is fixed, system will send notification to you!