Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Good luck Dalt. What genre is your script?

I've just had my second review back. After the highs of a 7 (yeah, I know!), comes a lowly 5.

Still, just made the Real Time top list with the average score. Take that reviewer.

Now for some word play so I can include 'featured on the top list on the Black List' in my query letter.

Comment

Originally posted by pabloamigo View Post
      Good luck Dalt. What genre is your script?
      Action/Thriller.

Comment

Pabloamigo: Good luck and thanks for the reminder. My new script made the top lists but with a lower score than I'd prefer. I've just revised it and I'm thinking it's quite a bit better. I'll include the top list thing in a query and see what happens. Never mentioned it before. Buena suerte!

Comment

Originally posted by sky777 View Post
          LADIES ONLY - 1/2 HOUR SITCOM

Genre: Comedy - Portlandia meets Workaholics

Series Logline

When three man-hating feminist roommates fail to pay their rent on time, their landlord rents a spare room in their house to an oafish young man who threatens to disrupt their "ladies only" lifestyle.

Strength:
          The plot for LADIES ONLY was clearly and concisely laid out. There is no confusion about what the pilot and series would be about. Freya and Danielle will butt heads with Greg, and Jenine will slowly start to fall in love with him. The strongest aspects of this pilot are the contents of each act as well as each smooth transition between them.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/16477
          I just wanted to say that I read this script by Sky777 before it went to the Black List, and I think it has potential. The author presented it as a TV pilot, but I think it has appealing elements that could be expanded into a feature. I found myself laughing out loud in places. But you have to enjoy character satire to appreciate this work.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Here goes...
            Series Logline
            In 1920s Shanghai, a British Special Branch officer struggles against an all powerful mob chieftain, a corrupt titan of industry and a city full of graft and crime as he himself grapples with his own opium addiction and complicated relationship with a beautiful Russian madam.
            Pilot Logline
            In 1920s Shanghai, amidst the drugs, sex and violence of the French controlled "Concession- and the refined world of the International Settlement, an opium addicted British "Special Branch- intelligence officer discovers that the assassination of a prominent politician may have been at the heart of a politically motivated conspiracy.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/17257

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
              Pabloamigo: Good luck and thanks for the reminder. My new script made the top lists but with a lower score than I'd prefer. I've just revised it and I'm thinking it's quite a bit better. I'll include the top list thing in a query and see what happens. Never mentioned it before. Buena suerte!
              Just after I posted that I queried some fairly reputable agents and got three read requests.

Whether including a line about being on the top list swayed them or not I dont know, but I'm sure it didn't hurt.

Comment

The Frequency- hour long TV pilot

Series Logline
                A misfit genius and a farm girl join forces with a network of counter-conspiracy theorists and uncover a vast underground organization manipulating electromagnetic frequencies in an attempt to take over the world.

Pilot Logline
                After losing her family in a devastating storm, a young woman joins a misfit genius on a conspiracy-filled journey to uncover the truth about the mysterious force that caused the unusual storm.

The script made the Top Uploaded Pilots and Top Serialized.

Strengths:
                "THE FREQUENCY taps into the fear mongering universe in an interesting, and mostly accessible, way. Perhaps most importantly, the pilot feels like it has legs. It sets up a basic premise that one can imagine playing out over time. The characters are likable, heightened enough to hold our attention, and well-crafted enough to read as genuine. Interesting secondary roles pepper the landscape and provide access to a deeper plot."

I just uploaded a new-and-improved draft. https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/16207
                Last edited by cvolante; 04-15-2014, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Gracias, pablo-amigo!
                  I sent 5 and got one request right away, too. I'll keep at it. I honestly haven't queried much over the last few years. May the force be with you!

Comment

de nada.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Hi, folks! New guy around these parts. Not sure if this will work, but nonetheless, putting it out there...

I have two scripts up on the BL right now and I'd love some feedback/ratings.

Killers Anonymous
                      Action/Thriller
                      Logline: An ex-killer, in a support group for ex-assassins, falls off "the wagon" and has to enlist his fellow ex-killers to stop a sadistic boss and save their mentor.
                      https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/17395

Hunter Lake
                      Horror/Comedy
                      Logline: After their estranged father dies, a brother and sister discover his terrible secret: their father was a serial killer. As they try to cover up his crimes, they find out just how deep family ties go.
                      https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/12777

Thanks!

Comment

Here's another script that would appreciate some ratings if anyone has time/ability.

The Court of Lions. Set against the final bloody years of Spain's Christian/Muslim conflict, a young Christian Spanish woman held captive in a Moorish harem questions her loyalties when she falls in love with the man who killed her father-- the Sultan himself.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/4905

Strengths:
                        The scenes between Muhammad and Isabel perfectly capture the depth in the intelligence and wit of the characters as they move from enemies to lovers. Additionally, the writer does a commendable job of making Aixa an antagonist with which one can empathize.
                        The script effortlessly avoids making either the Muslims or the Christians the villain, but rather shows them as complicated sides to a tragic war. Even Aixa avoids feeling like a caricature of an evil villain, because the reader understands and appreciates her motivations. The romance is superb - the slow build of their friendship and then their romance makes it feel real and really rather romantic.

Comment

Just wondering if anyone's ever received an industry rating as a result of posting to this thread? Or even better, has anyone been contacted by an industry person as a result of this thread?

Comment

I think the trick with that is you'd never really know-- the paid reads are paid, then once in a while you'll see that someone downloaded your script and rated it when you hadn't paid. Did that come from someone here, or was it just someone who saw it in a search or top list? You wouldn't know unless they were willing to tell you.

Comment

I definitely saw an uptick in views yesterday. No ratings yet. We'll see.

I suspended my script Hunter Lake for some rewrites. I'll have it back up soon.

Comment

Took the plunge and posted my script to the black list:

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/17701

It's a former PAGE awards finalist. I just finished a massive rewrite on it.
                                Last edited by briking; 04-23-2014, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X