Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin 2019

Bad reviews aren't wrong. They're just opinions along with good reviews. Simple as that.

We can all enter the same script we wrote 3 years in a row in the same contests and I'd bet we'd do better in some contests and worse in others because the readers keep changing.

Enjoy your successes. If you did well in 3 or 4 real contests yeah I think that means for sure you have a good script. And that's great. Doesn't have to get a perfect 100 on the test. If you get 80% good feedback than you know your script is solid.

Comment

List is out.

https://austinfilmfestival.com/submi...nd-rounders-2/

My entry whiffed. Yikes. Not even top 20%. This script got some rave reviews from readers, but the contests hate it. Ack. On to the next one.

Comment

I am in the semis after years of not getting past the second round. Always a bridesmaid, this time a slightly higher ranking bridesmaid.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
          I am in the semis after years of not getting past the second round. Always a bridesmaid, this time a slightly higher ranking bridesmaid.
          Congrats, bmcthomas, good luck continuing on.

Sorry, DaltWisney. Next time. Wishing you good fortune.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Nice job. What genre if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
              Nice job. What genre if you don't mind my asking?
              Comedy feature. The same script is also on the semis for the Enderby Entertainment Award, which I just noticed today when they posted the list. Yay, two opportunities to be eliminated!

Comment

Comedy feature. The same script is also on the semis for the Enderby Entertainment Award, which I just noticed today when they posted the list. Yay, two opportunities to be eliminated!
                Haha. Or two to make it. Good job.

Comment

Made the 2nd round (Yiddish For Murder), but for some reason never received any kind of notification.

BTW, my last Black List review of that script was a 3 / 10.

Comment

If you made the list but didn't get the notification, might be you've turned off notifications from the Festival because of all the emails. Turned out that's what happened with me. They sent an email from a different address to let me know.

Comment

Anyone going this year? I went last year but was super anxious about the contest and didn't really "enjoy" myself as much as I'd like to. I got a free pass this year and am excited to check out some panels, hang out and see films (instead of talking myself out from under the bed every day last year)

Hope to see some DD'ers there!

Wenonah

Comment

Originally posted by wenonah View Post
                        Anyone going this year? I went last year but was super anxious about the contest and didn't really "enjoy" myself as much as I'd like to. I got a free pass this year and am excited to check out some panels, hang out and see films (instead of talking myself out from under the bed every day last year)

Wenonah
                        I'm going. Staying at the Aloft. Would love to meet up at the Driskill. I'll PM you my cell, text me and I'd love to meet you and hear about the progress on your script's progress. You won last year, right? Or was that Nicholl?
                        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

That would be great, thanks! Yeah I won both last year.

Comment

That would be great, thanks! Yeah I won both last year.
                            Uh oh... HOT SHOT alert! Ha! J/K. Congrats!

Curious, were you signed previous to this. Got signed after it. What's your story?

Wish I was going, I have a buddy out there...
                            Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

the usual Inside Pitch suspects will be out in force at the Driskil

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                                Uh oh... HOT SHOT alert! Ha! J/K. Congrats!

Curious, were you signed previous to this. Got signed after it. What's your story?

Wish I was going, I have a buddy out there...

Haha, thanks! I got signed after w/UTA and later Gotham for mgmt. I'm still not in the union so I still have my reps. I optioned a feature (not the winning script) and am working on getting a tv show going. I don't live in LA but the possibility has been floating around - I'm happy with my life here in MN and would prefer to stay here with my family /friends/home/animals but I understand if I get staffed I'd have to go. My last year has been crazy and surreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X