Breaking Bad... (continued from ctp's thread)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Breaking Bad... (continued from ctp's thread)

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
    One thing this series is driving home for me is how absolutely unattractive lying is. I can kind of respect Walt when he's a badass, I can hate him when he's pure murderous evil, but these ridiculous lies --I see him as just a small pathetic excuse for a man. Yuck. It puts dogs to shame, those little performance tricks of his.

To me writers seem to crafting things well... throughout so many earlier episodes from the show's inception, WW's lying was entertaining, even captivating as he grew into Heisenberg and fashioned his empire. Now that the walls are crumbling around him and the bad guys close in, his lies appear to pathetic. And to a large extent, quite unbelievable to those few who manage to remain close to him.

As an aside, anyone else wonder of Jesse's exclamation of Walt being the Devil? Seemed like an allusion to The Usual Suspects and Verbal Kint's frenzied description of Keyser Soze? The look in Jesse's eyes, the intonation in his voice... it all seemed so eerie, familiar as I was watched him with Hank and Gomie.
    Last edited by MJ Scribe; 09-03-2013, 09:00 AM.
    " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

I'm waiting for the show to kick it into overdrive. With only 4 episodes left, that's under three hours of airtime. So come on, start the rollercoaster.

I hope that's what's coming.

Comment

I hate Jessie has become a rat. I feel they changed his character to make it work for their end game. It was sad to watch that. Still love the show, though.

Comment

Some great insight and theories, which I agree with.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/break...rabid-dog.html

A taste:

"The religious imagery I mentioned in my recap of the season opener and in my preview of the finale suggest that Walt does, in fact, feel guilt for what he's done, and unrealistically believes he can still redeem himself, and that deep down he's still a good person. All around him, advisors are pushing full measures, particularly Saul - who has now suggested killing Hank and Jesse - and Skyler, who turned Lady Macbeth on him in the hotel, not because she's worse than Walt, but because she's more pragmatic. And Walt, who has traditionally been willing to travel deeper into Hell than almost anyone, has become uncomfortable with himself, with what he's become."

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
            I hate Jessie has become a rat. I feel they changed his character to make it work for their end game. It was sad to watch that. Still love the show, though.
            Well people change, especially in real life... but I know we are talking about a beloved TV show here. By design we are supposed to be upset about it.

But again, Gilligan has always said he wanted this show to be about change. I think some where he called it a television experiment. The first show to have a television character slowly change from a good guy to a full on bad guy.

So, in that regard, why can't Jesse change too?
            INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
            Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, what an ep. Fantastic. 3 more to go.

It's becoming obvious those guys go after Walt, burn his house, write the stuff on the wall and then KILL HIS WIFE and/or Walt Jr!!!! Walt then just probably goes on an all out spree to avenge his wife and Hank's murder. But Walt definitely confessed over that phone call in the car, so I'm hoping Hank was smart enough to record it.

If you look at the flash forward scene from last year's opener, Walt seems desperate, alone, going all-out to the death on somebody, so it would seem they killed his wife and/or son... who knows, only time will tell!!!

Can't wait to BBQ next week and watch it. Wingssssssssssssss!!

Comment

Originally posted by dog678 View Post
                Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, what an ep. Fantastic. 3 more to go.

It's becoming obvious those guys go after Walt, burn his house, write the stuff on the wall and then KILL HIS WIFE and/or Walt Jr!!!! Walt then just probably goes on an all out spree to avenge his wife and Hank's murder. But Walt definitely confessed over that phone call in the car, so I'm hoping Hank was smart enough to record it.

If you look at the flash forward scene from last year's opener, Walt seems desperate, alone, going all-out to the death on somebody, so it would seem they killed his wife and/or son... who knows, only time will tell!!!

Can't wait to BBQ next week and watch it. Wingssssssssssssss!!

Excellent analysis. Here's a picture of Saul looking like Scarface. Maybe Saul helps Walt do some killing. http://imgur.com/r/breakingbad/yqvIT7d
                The Best Impersonation of Christian Bale Freak Out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE

Comment

The promo for next week shows nothing...
                  It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

I'd be curious to know if anyone didn't work out that the photo of the money in the barrel was scam... I figured it out a couple of seconds afterwards, and wondered if Walt would as he was racing there, the difference between me and him knowing Hank had already mocked up a photo of Jesse before hand, and I think they knowing made the scene all that much more exciting. I wondered if it was intended that I know it was a scam, or if it wasn't. Very smart writing.

I hope Todd gets the girl, he seems like a good kid
                    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                      I hope Todd gets the girl, he seems like a good kid
                      Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but he murdered an innocent young boy. Even Walt hasn't done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                        I'd be curious to know if anyone didn't work out that the photo of the money in the barrel was scam... I figured it out a couple of seconds afterwards, and wondered if Walt would as he was racing there, the difference between me and him knowing Hank had already mocked up a photo of Jesse before hand, and I think they knowing made the scene all that much more exciting. I wondered if it was intended that I know it was a scam, or if it wasn't. Very smart writing.
                        We're given a lot of clues (that Walt doesn't know) that it's a scam. Like, we know Jesse is in league with Hank and that Hank likes to employ the photo-mockup technique and that Hank has gotten a description of how the money was stored. Also at some point Hank also finds out Walt's rental truck didn't have GPS. So I knew Jesse was lying immediately.

At first I thought Walt wasn't too smart to have been fooled, but when I thought about the difference between what I knew and he knew at that point, it made sense.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brice View Post
                          Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but he murdered an innocent young boy. Even Walt hasn't done that.
                          I think it's safe to conclude that Jules was being sarcastic.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

Most important of all is not that Walt is an evil man who must be brought down (he isn't and he shouldn't) nor gaps in writing logic but rather it's that Lydia is smoking hot and needs a lot more air time. Especially her legs.
                            M.A.G.A.

Comment

Sorry, but so many automatic weapons and not one bullet hits Hank, who has not even been covered by the car yet? I know, this happens in most films involving gun fights, but this was an extreme example. Took me right out of the scene.

Also, why end with a cut to black when logic tells us that there is no way out for Hank and the other cop? (Unless Walt gets out of the car and stands in the way, perhaps. But why would he interfere?)

Let's hope the writers have found a smart way of resolving that situation. Hank dying in the first scene of the next episode would be really anticlimactic.

The strange ending aside, solid episode and nice game of cat-and-mouse.
                              Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

Couple of tentative predictions:

Gomez dies in that gunfight.

Hank survives, is held hostage by Todd and co. to force Walt to cook for them.

By the time the 'flash-forward scene in Denny's' comes around, Walt Jr., Holly and Skyler will all be dead at the hands of the White Supremacists. Possibly some of Hank, Marie, Jesse too. Walt will take the ricin capsule himself before attempting to kill all the WS.

Comment

Working...
                                X