Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Originally posted by coffeywriter View Post
    Congrats on your 8! I've never seen the sky pirates idea, so kudos to you for that unique robbery take. Your score qualified you for an email(s)! Did you get any downloads or interest as a result?
    We have six downloads so far. I'm also querying pretty heavily, but unfortunately we're getting very close to Christmas, and I think things are slowing down right now. Damn my poor timing!
    writertypepeople.tumblr.com
    twitter.com/susanlbridges
    pendantaudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Susanlbridges View Post
      We have six downloads so far. I'm also querying pretty heavily, but unfortunately we're getting very close to Christmas, and I think things are slowing down right now. Damn my poor timing!
      Does anyone think holding off until the beginning of the year would be smarter than posting on The Black List site now?

Susan, congratulations on the 8 and the 5. Good for you. I think maybe people forget that The Black List site isn't the same as the Black List-- meaning it isn't based on popular vote, it's based on meeting specific criteria, right? Maybe it's just me.

Happy for you, and wishing you well in the new year.
      FA4
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
        Does anyone think holding off until the beginning of the year would be smarter than posting on The Black List site now?

Susan, congratulations on the 8 and the 5. Good for you. I think maybe people forget that The Black List site isn't the same as the Black List-- meaning it isn't based on popular vote, it's based on meeting specific criteria, right? Maybe it's just me.

Happy for you, and wishing you well in the new year.
        FA4
        I wondered that seconds after posting my pilot. But what's done is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikosk View Post
          Hey everyone, this my script:

Title: HUNTED

Logline: A haunted man with nothing to lose, goes up against an international human-trafficking cartel to save a little girl, so that she may save him back.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/8191
          The logline is just fine as is.
          wry

The rule is the first fifteen pages should enthrall me, but truth is, I'm only giving you about 3-5 pages. ~ Hollywood Script Reader

Comment

OLD FASHIONED, NEW FANGLED LOVE

A simple man in want of a woman, along with his eight year old son in need of a mother, fall in love with a lesbian couple and form an unconventional family in a town where no-one approves.
            We gain our innocence by taking yours.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
              I wondered that seconds after posting my pilot. But what's done is done.
              I'm waiting a bit to request more reads, since I'm not sure what the e-mail schedule is over the holidays.
              writertypepeople.tumblr.com
              twitter.com/susanlbridges
              pendantaudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Susanlbridges View Post
                I'm waiting a bit to request more reads, since I'm not sure what the e-mail schedule is over the holidays.
                We're a 24/7/365 organization. Our readers are reading throughout the holidays, though we'll probably see a dip in industry pro downloads during this week (and only this week). Right now is probably a good time to request an evaluation, if only because it probably won't be finished until just before the industry returns to work on January 6.

Comment

Not to mention being with their families for Christmas.
                  We gain our innocence by taking yours.

Comment

I'm waiting on a few 'evaluations' in the meantime.......

PERSONALITY PLUS:

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/13851

Logline: FBI Agent Harry Stringer knows that Peter Franks has abducted his daughter Jen. The problem? Franks has multiple personality disorder and only one persona knows where Jen is. Stringer infiltrates the worlds of Franks' identities and finds that a rogue CIA agent is using another persona in an arms deal.

A mock teaser is here http://www.surefirefilms.com

Comment

You too, CMaloney?

I'm waiting on two more evaluations after the pilot script for my series HAPPI vs DRAG got a 7.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/13808

Series Logline: The cybernetic animal Agents of HAPPI defend the planet of New Illinois from the attacks of the evil Dragons of DRAG.

It's a fun animated series with plenty of action and comedy, and small touches of relationship drama.
                      https://devonmw.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chroa View Post
                        You too, CMaloney?

I'm waiting on two more evaluations after the pilot script for my series HAPPI vs DRAG got a 7.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/13808

Series Logline: The cybernetic animal Agents of HAPPI defend the planet of New Illinois from the attacks of the evil Dragons of DRAG.

It's a fun animated series with plenty of action and comedy, and small touches of relationship drama.
                        7!! Well done! Excellent!

Comment

Hi everyone. Finally took advantage of TBL as of Thursday with my Sci-Fi/Drama and waiting on one reader evaluation. So far, one pro download and many requests through querying else where. Check it out:

Title: "Kepler"

Logline: A deep space research scientist nearing the end of his lone five-year data collecting stint on the habitable Earth like planet Kepler, experiences a personal crisis after discovering a clone of himself that forces them both to seek the truth behind their existence.

*Story inspired by the planet Kepler -22b, discovered in the Constellation Cygnus by the Kepler deep space telescope in early 2013. A telescope designed to survey the Milk Way Galaxy for planets within the habitable zones of sun-like stars.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/14169

Comment

Originally posted by Twombly View Post
                            Hi everyone. Finally took advantage of TBL as of Thursday with my Sci-Fi/Drama and waiting on one reader evaluation. So far, one pro download and many requests through querying else where. Check it out:

Title: "Kepler"

Logline: A deep space research scientist nearing the end of his lone five-year data collecting stint on the habitable Earth like planet Kepler, experiences a personal crisis after discovering a clone of himself that forces them both to seek the truth behind their existence.

*Story inspired by the planet Kepler -22b, discovered in the Constellation Cygnus by the Kepler deep space telescope in early 2013. A telescope designed to survey the Milk Way Galaxy for planets within the habitable zones of sun-like stars.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/14169
                            You need a new logline. And please dump the inspiration! You need to understand that these people don't have time / don't care about these pointless details. In fact, having all this info screams AMATEUR THAT WILL TAKE MANY LONG YEARS TO MASTER THE CRAFT!

How 'bout: A deep space research scientist begins to question his very existence when he encounters an exact duplicate of himself on a distant planet.

Ooo, now THAT is a hot logline if I must say so myself.

BTW, your hook sounds too much like MOON and OBLIVION. What makes your story different? Maybe try and work that into your logline.
                            I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                              You need a new logline. And please dump the inspiration! You need to understand that these people don't have time / don't care about these pointless details. In fact, having all this info screams AMATEUR THAT WILL TAKE MANY LONG YEARS TO MASTER THE CRAFT!

How 'bout: A deep space research scientist begins to question his very existence when he encounters an exact duplicate of himself on a distant planet.

Ooo, now THAT is a hot logline if I must say so myself.

BTW, your hook sounds too much like MOON and OBLIVION. What makes your story different? Maybe try and work that into your logline.
                              Actually, considering that scripts based on true events are rather popular now (largely based on their potential for pre-existing interest), I would think that the "inspired by" note would serve to stir additional interest in the story. And for this story in particular, which has the high-concept of a new Earth, it seems like more than a "pointless" detail, and actually grounds it more in reality. (The fact that the writer has already received several read requests, including some from high-profile companies, bolsters his case).

I do agree that the logline as it stands is a bit long and detail-heavy, and could use some refining. I like your suggestion, but would edit it a bit to include the additional hook of a "new Earth":

A deep space research scientist exploring a potential new Earth begins to question his very existence when he encounters an exact duplicate of himself.
                              "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Not sure if the inspiration was included in the queries, but LESS IS DEFINITELY MORE.

And I'm still not sure why adding it takes place on a newly discovered exo-planet is relevant to the story. Wouldn't a fictitious planet achieve the same goal? It's not like Avatar was ruined because Pandora wasn't an exo-moon discovered by NASA.

And so little is still known about Kepler's appearance and biosphere that a film based there would have no reality to it anyway.

I'm adamant about this because a lot of query letters I sent out had "inspirations" to them as well, which Michael B pointed out (much too late) was amateurish and hurting my response rate.
                                I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Working...
                                X