Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RAMBO is awesome!

Why would teenagers care about Rambo? There hasn't been a Rambo movie in their lifetimes.

Why ANYONE would spend money on Meet the Spartans is an absolute mystery to me.

Comment

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post
      Left wing ideals are about always being the victim to the big bad white man.
      You're a f*ckinbg retard. Have fun with selling that animation script, your cartoonish views will certainly lead to your success.

Comment

Wow. Someone has a heavy flow today. Yeesh.

And by the way, I ALWAYS have fun with my animation work. ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by Goon Squad View Post
          Why would teenagers care about Rambo? There hasn't been a Rambo movie in their lifetimes.
          You'd be surprised how many teens want to see it just because it is ultra-violent.

Add to that it is an action movie and you have another segment of the teen market who doesn't care who Rambo is, or what the previous films were about (as a bouns the film does a pretty good job of setting up who the character is and works fairly well as a stand alone action movie).

Why ANYONE would spend money on Meet the Spartans is an absolute mystery to me.
          That's just it. It's not the quality of the movie, or lack there of. It has more to do with the fact the movie itself exists is an excuse for teens (mostly) to go to the theater for their weekly social... But the B.O. is still recorded as tickets to MTS.

By the way, all of this isn't just some crazy theory I cooked up.

I have a friend who manages a multiplex and he told me this is what they have become more or less -- Social hang outs rather than movie theaters -- And how movies like MTS actually turn a profit opening weekends.
          Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

This has been the case for the last 50 years. Teenagers have got no where else to go. And why I keep harping on the responsibility of the storyteller. Give them something, rather than just exploit them.

Comment

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
              You'd be surprised how many teens want to see it

Got that right. If I was a teen, I'd have little to no interest in seeing a 60 year old get shirtless. hey, I'm not a teen and I still have little or no interest.

/Never a Rambo fan.

Comment

By the way, all of this isn't just some crazy theory I cooked up.
                I know. I totally agree with you about what "going to the movies" means to today's utes.

Comment

Got that right. If I was a teen, I'd have little to no interest in seeing a 60 year old get shirtless. hey, I'm not a teen and I still have little or no interest.

/Never a Rambo fan.

I was actually surprised at the number of kids/teens in the theater watching Rambo tonight.
                  "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

I don't see any reason why I should have to lower my intelligence in order to enjoy a film. There's also no reason why Rambo can't have artistic merit.

Screw you, Rambo. You're not touching my wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                      Screw you, Rambo. You're not touching my wallet.
                      AAAAAADRIAN!!!

Think I'll wait this one out till DVD.
                      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I had fun with it. It reminded me of 80s R-rated action flicks; unapologetic, brutal violence.

And, Julie Benz is super hot, so that was a plus.
                        "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

In other words, a kid can pay for MTS, but sneak into "Rambo" for example... But the B.O. will record the ticket sale going to MTS.
                          That's the part that bugs me about these multiplexes. They all know kids will buy a ticket to a G/PG movie, then slip into the PG/R theatre to watch something else.

I have a million anecdotes on this phenomenon, but one of the more blatant examples is when Meet the Fockers (or maybe Ocean's Twelve?) opened. We wanted to get tickets, but it was "Sold Out", so we bought something else. I strolled by the MTF theatre and it was EMPTY - like less than 20 people. So we went in, missing a bit of the start, and watched it in eerie near-emptiness.

Of course, when we left, kids and teens were pouring out of one of the other theatres, I think it was the R-rated Blade 3, or similar.

The problem is, that studios see the totally inflated BO for G and PG movies, then they just churn them out, cancelling R rated movies in the process. Then the number of ticket sold declines, and those morons wonder why.

Someone *has* to make the R-rated action/thriller movies, that all the kids will buy G and PG tickets for.

Comment

Got that right. If I was a teen, I'd have little to no interest in seeing a 60 year old get shirtless. /Never a Rambo fan.
                            for the record, Goon, he keeps his shirt on the whole time.
                            There isn't even so much as a rip in it.

Nonetheless, there's no hiding those steriod-pumped muscles.

The movie was decent. It's got that same "uh-oh, someone poked the sleeping bear" feel that First Blood had.

And Stallone is a bada$$, I don't care how old he is.

But the violence was a just too much for me.

I know genocide ain't pretty, but I can't stomach watching babies and kids being brutalized and women gang-raped. Even after years of desensitization...I still can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by vmf View Post
                              That's the part that bugs me about these multiplexes. They all know kids will buy a ticket to a G/PG movie, then slip into the PG/R theatre to watch something else.

I have a million anecdotes on this phenomenon, but one of the more blatant examples is when Meet the Fockers (or maybe Ocean's Twelve?) opened. We wanted to get tickets, but it was "Sold Out", so we bought something else. I strolled by the MTF theatre and it was EMPTY - like less than 20 people. So we went in, missing a bit of the start, and watched it in eerie near-emptiness.

Of course, when we left, kids and teens were pouring out of one of the other theatres, I think it was the R-rated Blade 3, or similar.

The problem is, that studios see the totally inflated BO for G and PG movies, then they just churn them out, cancelling R rated movies in the process. Then the number of ticket sold declines, and those morons wonder why.

Someone *has* to make the R-rated action/thriller movies, that all the kids will buy G and PG tickets for.
                              So, if the studios were smart they would release a few PG-13 crap movies the same time they release their big R rated action films? Hmmm...

Comment

Prior to this, what was the last rated-R action film?

Comment

Working...
                                X