Thread: LA Area Code...
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #10
Friday

Default Re: LA Area Code...

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalact4 View Post
Thanks, Friday.

I know the COVID-19 stuff is causing a lot of anxiety in you, but I thought of you tonight and thought this might brighten up you mood a bit, because honestly I feel the anxiety too.

I'm in Avon, Connecticut and we're been sheltering in place for our third week. There's lots of room here between houses, usually 1/2 to over an acre. Lots of bears, fox, racoon and deer just wondering in y our yard.

To show their respect for the first responders and law enforcement officers each night at 8pm everyone goes outside to their front yard and cheers for them, their bravery and their sacrifice.

But tonight, they had fireworks!!

I think I'm feelin' 310

It was amazing and uplifting and really inspiring. I hope you are doing better .and if you ever need an ear, shoot me a note. Happy Easter or Passover or whatever you wish to celebrate and be thankful for this week.
FA4

Re: 310. Good choice. Remember that Seinfeld episode where Elaine was discriminated against because she got a new undesirable area code. Same thing here. People won't say it, but they form certain impressions of certain area codes. I even remember this real estate agent once look at his phone and it was from some area code, he didn't like and he just sneered and didn't bother picking up.

Yeah, I feel like a caged tiger. Can't go out to do anything. Minimal socialization. I would kill to have some fried chicken, ice cream and pizza right now. I also miss the random friendly conversation people in LA have just bumping into each other. LA is a great foodie scene and it's all being killed. Thanks for your concern. Nice to know that you would be a good sympathetic ear. Before this pandemic happened, I was actually very hopeful. I thought it was going to be a very good year for me. Now, the entertainment industry is completely uncertain. It was already hard enough to get a career going. Who knows how hard it will be for those on the bubble, like contest placers, high blacklist scorers, etc.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote